Songs With Good Guitar & Good Piano

dwk302

So I have a group of friends that I jam with once in a while. It's hard to keep everyone happy sometimes because the guitar players want to learn covers of guitar heavy songs, the piano player wants piano heavy songs, and so on. Can anyone suggest some songs that have both good guitar and good piano. Please, no Dead or Phish.

Edit: Sp
Edit: It's actually a Roland Keyboard, not a piano.

Last edited:

dez

When my band decided to audition keyboard players i suggested that we dont audition them on songs we do but on two songs only -
Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin
Deep Purple - Highway Star
Great keys and guitar on both. If rock bands can cover those two, they can play any rock song worth playing.

woof*

Look through Savoy Brown's catalog.
If your talking keyboards including Hammond B3 that opens tons of things.

The Captain

Anything by Cold Chisel, an Australian band that had a big rockabilly influence.
All rhythm duties are pretty much covered by Don Walkers piano, while the guitar plays intertwining melody bits. Its great music, and one of Australia's most beloved bands.
Start with Khe Sahn and go from there.
GNR had some great piano heavy songs too, November Rain springs to mind.

dwk302

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I was thinking Soulshine by the ABB but that's been a tough sell.

indica

Can anyone suggest some songs that have both good guitar and good piano.
Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion II
The Black Crowes - Southern Harmony
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Second Helping
The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St.
Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

That's albums not songs but you should find plenty of good piano/guitar stuff on these.

2HBStrat

Let me throw this out there.....consult your piano/keys player, and here's why....keyboard players can be picky. I know this one really good keys player who absolutely HATES Jerry Lee Lewis style playing and wouldn't do it at all ever. Now, having said that......a band that has lots of guitar work AND good keys is.......I hate to say it.......Lynyrd Skynyrd. :hide2

Joe Robinson

Platinum Supporting Member
Live with Me by the Rolling Stones has big dollops of guitars and piano.

Most Stones tunes have a lot of piano in them. It's much more prevelant that one would guess. For instance, Jumpin Jack Flash as well as Sympathy for the Devil are as much piano tunes as they are guitar songs.

Slip Kid, by the Who. Great piano and guitar song.

Lot's of Tom Petty songs feature both prominently

Trending Topics