Songs with military sounds (jets, helicopters, missles, bombs, gunfire)

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
This is why I love this place and you guys! :love:

I know what I'll be doing tonight after dinner (listening to your recommended songs). :phones

Blanket Jackson

Trash! Pick it up!
Gold Supporting Member
No war sound effects, but IMHO no discussion of war songs is really complete without this one (regardless of content)

Platevolt

I have a practical reason for asking this. I'll be recording in August, among other things, a new original song about the Russian war against Ukraine. Instead of playing a lead over the break, I want to throw over the chord changes these types of military sounds. I'm looking for models for how to do this well. Recommendations?
The Galvanic Samurai takes down bad Ruskies? His tone is killer.

MorphineNoir

Silver Supporting Member
I have a practical reason for asking this. I'll be recording in August, among other things, a new original song about the Russian war against Ukraine. Instead of playing a lead over the break, I want to throw over the chord changes these types of military sounds. I'm looking for models for how to do this well. Recommendations?

Bonus points if you also do a Dolby Atmos mix

ToneDeVille

Great Airplane Strike by Paul Revere & The Raiders has a sfx opening. The SFX they used is actually a sound recording of the Trinity atomic bomb test at Alamagordo. Why they chose that instead of the SFX of a jet airliner fly by is a mystery.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom