Songworks Systems

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jan Folkson, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Jan Folkson

Jan Folkson Member

Anybody have any info on these guys? I've been trying to make contact but the guy doesn't answer email and his phone mail is chronically full...

2. Dan S

Dan S Member

Are you talking about Songworks, home of the Little Lanilei Amps? Tris should email you back. I've never had that problem. Cool little amps, for sure. I've got a 3350 and it sounds good clean or overdriven. Sorry, if it was another Songworks you were thinking of.

3. Broken Cord

Broken Cord Member

Tris's wife has been ill so he's not been too attentive to his emails. One of my buddies has one on order now and just heard back from him. It's a nice little amp.
    However, I sold mine and went for a Emery Sound Micro Baby it is a bit more $$ but it does what I want, so to me it's worth it.

4. Jan Folkson

Jan Folkson Member

Yeah, the same Songworks. An illness could explain what's been going on. Thanks for the heads up and I hope the best for Tris' wife

5. Broken Cord

Broken Cord Member

Unless things have changed, Tris is a small operation and builds amps in his off time from his regular job. But make no mistake he makes quality little amps. Best of luck with it once you get it.

6. Dan S

Dan S Member

Jan, They pop up on Ebay every few weeks, usually. The 3350's (most popular) go for 300-375. I've seen some 1/4 Watters and some older 7 Watters but never a Hi/Lo plexi or the Aw99.

7. tuckman

tuckman Member

Tris makes a great little amp in the 3350. Took about five months to finally get it. I guess Tris had some personal things going on, but always responded to emails with a progress update. Glad I ordered it. The thing can crank but also sounds nice at low volumes for late night licks. I also have the 1/4 watt amp but the 3350 is a much much more versatile amp and worth the extra hundred bucks. I can't get a really great clean tone but for what it is and the cost...not complaining.