Sonic Crayon FX Antinautilus alternative?

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
here are the vids:

A select few samples from a couple months ago, when it was still on breadboard

ringmodded delay

filter

long delay length

what confusion/direction does

more loop mangling

tape

gut shot

unfortunately it's a bit harder to build than the nautilus, my previous hardest build. hollow earth is a piece of cake compared to this.

if I could get the enclosures done somewhere, it would help tremendously. would have to sacrifice the kind of paintjob I'm "known" for, though.

zetamkiii

Wow, are you planning another small run of these?

Like I said, I like the finish too much to get rid of it. If I perfected mind control, I would have suggested focusing on producing the less intensive designs
like the Octave Fuzz (who's name I missed) or some more Moths. A small step towards trying to appease the masses if that's the reason behind your current agenda.

But there's nothing wrong if you just keep doing what you're doing. Big fan of your work, like you wouldn't believe. It's an honor.

Last edited:

Cosmogang

So I just ordered what I was told was the last Count to Five from MA (for a while at least). Got really lucky there. I'm sure the CT5 is gonna scratch a serious itch, and that's great, but that damn delay is haunting me now. I need it.

Cgkindler

Man, I needed a few hits of.....lucy.....to make that pedal deliver it's FULL effect....

NICE!

Nothing I'd EVER use, but cool that that kind of stuff exists!

tape

Yeah the CT5 is really amazing, I'm gonna try and get one some day. I know the guy who makes them. Guess builders in the same town eventually bump into each other! Glad his stuff is really taking off!

Seance

The (audio) clips of that delay are very interesting. Nice!

Last edited:

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
The Mutable Instruments Cloud seems closest to the Antinautilus. For $349 and $349 for the Pittsburg Modular frame, you'd be there. And you'd have space to mount a few more Euro modules.

HowardMusic

Silver Supporting Member
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but only just now discovered the Anti-Nautilus !! The Clouds module from Mutable Instruments looks pretty interesting, but not sure about investing in a Euro-rack modular. As another alternative, has anyone considered or tried a phrase sampler like the Roland SP404 or the Korg ES or Volca Samplers? The intention of these machines might differ, but maybe there is some option for real time tweaking that would approximate what the Anti-Nautilus does?

Trending Topics