Sonos and iPhone issue

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Redub, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Redub

Redub Supporting Member

I'm just curious whether any other Sonos users are experiencing this issue. Whenever I fire up Sonos and listen to whatever, my iMessage alert volume drops from full to half. iPhone 6S.
    If I manually turn it back up, it will go down ago on it's own after the display goes dark.
    Weird.

2. Tahitijack

Tahitijack Member

I have a droid and don't have any issues. Still amazed at SONOS and what I can control on my cell phone. So far so good.

3. Redub

Redub Supporting Member

Yeah it's a minor complaint, but still strange. The only issue is sometimes I miss hearing a text message alert right away while Sonos is playing. I googled this and did not come across anyone else complaining about it, but it could be something most people would not even notice.

4. Tahitijack

Tahitijack Member

I wonder if it might be your wifi router. Is it capable of handling all the wifi traffic in your home. Smart TVs, computers, cell phones, security system, NEST the list goes on. All are trying to run down the wifi highway at fast rates. We just got a new washer and dryer....it can be linked to my phone via wifi...Nope, not going to do that. Might be that if your router is old it needs to be replaced with one with more capacity. And that's a whole 'nother topic and rabbit whole.

5. Redub

Redub Supporting Member

I have multiple routers. I don't think this has anything to do with bandwidth or the routers. Sonos works fine, video streams fine, etc. The issue is the iPhone deciding to lower it's alert volumes. It's either the phone or the Sonos app doing something.

6. Totally Bored

Totally Bored Member

I live under a rock and had to google "sonos" ... just saying :bonk