• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Sonuus Wahoo ... most flexible wah ever?

Yep, saw it too. Looks great. Now if they'll make one with volume pedal functionality and three programmable expression pedal outputs, I'll buy one instantly :)

XISTH

Yep, saw it too. Looks great. Now if they'll make one with volume pedal functionality and three programmable expression pedal outputs, I'll buy one instantly :)
The firmware is updatable so maybe theyll add volume pedal functionality at some point.

XISTH

Here is a reply from James at Sonoruus about using it as a volume pedal and independent expression controller

It's not currently possible to use the Wahoo as a volume pedal. In a future update, it would be possible to add this, but it wouldn't be a perfectly smooth volume control. The volume circuity wasn't designed for smooth volume changes, so although it can be controlled, it may have some small steps to it. Also, it can't be turned fully off, so you can't fade to/from complete silence.

The Wahoo's expression output (via USB-MIDI) can be used to control other devices or plug-ins so you could use those to control volume and thus use the Wahoo as a volume controller. So, that's an alternative solution, though admittedly not a self-contained one. The Wahoo expression output uses the full 14-bits available for MIDI expression, so you can get good smooth control with it.

Here is a reply from James at Sonoruus about using it as a volume pedal and independent expression controller

It's not currently possible to use the Wahoo as a volume pedal. In a future update, it would be possible to add this, but it wouldn't be a perfectly smooth volume control. The volume circuity wasn't designed for smooth volume changes, so although it can be controlled, it may have some small steps to it. Also, it can't be turned fully off, so you can't fade to/from complete silence.

The Wahoo's expression output (via USB-MIDI) can be used to control other devices or plug-ins so you could use those to control volume and thus use the Wahoo as a volume controller. So, that's an alternative solution, though admittedly not a self-contained one. The Wahoo expression output uses the full 14-bits available for MIDI expression, so you can get good smooth control with it.
Thanks for researching, XISTH :)

While the expression output thing does sound interesting (could control my Timeline and M5 via MIDI), it would still require a USB to MIDI converter on the pedal board ...

This is the next pedal I want to experiment with and write a review on. The sound files are OK, but I bet with some distortion and full band backing you can get some great riffs and tunes going!

I'm not sure who got one, but I've never been so impressed by a pedal. I was looking forward to it's wah capabilities (because there are no pots and no noise as a result), but this thing is INCREDIBLE! You can save 100 of your own settings... some of which I don't apply any modulation, just some drive and changes in frequency (it can be used like an EQ) for some awesome tones... and the free software makes editing and tweaking nothing short of addictive! I'm working on a review for this pedal, with various sound files included to get an idea of what's possible when fooling around with the various settings (wah, envelope, LFO, pitch, etc.). Most pedals are one-trick ponies, but holy cow... this is almost like a full-blown pedal board.

Trending Topics