• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

soo..... i retolexed my rivera...

garfight

and it was a pain in the ASS!!!!.i cant stand the carpet they put on these amps and the woodgrain on this one was not very pretty so i did this:

i enlarged the hole in the front as well so i could get to the preamp tubes without dropping the chassis.i still have to paint behind the grill (flat black) but i think it looks 10 times better than the fuzzy carpet and black plastic corners it came with.

garfight

Originally posted by BrewBeck
nice job
but the real question is
does it sound better?
hmmmmm.......you know i think it just might.....i think the combination of rubber and metal improves the resonance of the cabinet when the moon is aligned with jupiter and the tide is up on the east coast.
:D

Chiba

Platinum Supporting Member
Looks good man - where did you source the tolex?

--chiba

garfight

Originally posted by Chiba
Looks good man - where did you source the tolex?

--chiba
its marshall red levant from mojotone.i should also add that mojotone has some of the best customer service of any parts supplier i've ever used.

R Anderson

That looks fabulous!

I have two old 80's pieces that I still like the sound enough to keep but just can't warm up to the carpet.

Was it difficult to do?

Do the guys in 80's tribute bands want authenticity in their equipment?

Love the red.
Russell

Baba

Silver Supporting Member
Nice! I had an M series for a short time, I know what you mean, hated the carpet!

garfight

Originally posted by 6AM
Good job. Now get rid of the metal grill! :D
a buddy of mine has a cabinet building business and has volunteered to build me a grill for the front but i cant decide what color to go with.whaddya think - cream?black??

garfight

Originally posted by R Anderson
That looks fabulous!

I have two old 80's pieces that I still like the sound enough to keep but just can't warm up to the carpet.

Was it difficult to do?

Do the guys in 80's tribute bands want authenticity in their equipment?

Love the red.
Russell
getting the carpet off wasnt really hard - but getting the industrial strength contact cement off wasnt much fun. i did find a great stripper thats biodegradeable and doesnt burn your skin off. its called soygel and didnt stain the wood and actually cleaned it pretty well.
the hardest thing was getting the tolex to lay correctly on the inside corners at the top.i had to do it like an old fender where they cut it,pull it tight and put an extra piece of tolex beneath the cut.other than that it was a breeze-i used dap contact cement coated the headshell and inside of the tolex let it sit for 30 minutes put it on and made my cuts.

alanfc

Originally posted by garfight
hmmmmm.......you know i think it just might.....i think the combination of rubber and metal improves the resonance of the cabinet when the moon is aligned with jupiter and the tide is up on the east coast.
:D
hey can I ask you,

can you measure the height of this thing for me???
If so, could you tell me if thats with the rubber feet or not....

(I'm making a head cab for my Rivera combo:) )
Thanks if you can

garfight

Originally posted by alanfc
hey can I ask you,

can you measure the height of this thing for me???
If so, could you tell me if thats with the rubber feet or not....

(I'm making a head cab for my Rivera combo:) )
Thanks if you can
sure thing man--
its 24 inches wide by 9 3/4 tall by 12 inches deep outside to outside. feet not included
what model combo do you have?

alanfc

cool thanks

I have the R 55-112 1x 12 combo. I love it never getting rid of it.

so with the feet or without the feet, the height 9 3/4"?
I'm anal I know.
Very nice work on the red tolex btw

:dude

garfight

Originally posted by alanfc
cool thanks

I have the R 55-112 1x 12 combo. I love it never getting rid of it.

so with the feet or without the feet, the height 9 3/4"?
I'm anal I know.
Very nice work on the red tolex btw

:dude
thanks man,

thats without the feet- i had to add them - the stock m100 uses the corners for feet:rolleyes:

Luke V

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by garfight
a buddy of mine has a cabinet building business and has volunteered to build me a grill for the front but i cant decide what color to go with.whaddya think - cream?black??

Black looks great with red. I have a red Marshall with black grille cloth.:)

Top Bottom