sorry about the OD question...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by voetsek, Apr 25, 2008.

1. voetsek

voetsek Member

I know these questions are the worst, but i am really looking for a new overdrive, i want something that will give me a clean effects boost for ambient type music, basically a loud boost for songs with lots of delay and reverb in them, any suggestions?

2. kludge

kludge The droid you're looking for

So are you looking for an overdrive, or a clean boost? I'm not quite clear.

3. KCWM

KCWM Member

Zvex box of rock has both the overdrive and a boost feature that works independantly of the overdrive. And they are reasonably priced used.

4. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

Throbak Overdrive Boost.
    One of, if not the best booster out there; Killer EQ; Great overdrive and silicon fuzz tones. The best dynamics I've found in a dirt pedal. Plus there's a switchable germanium transistor/diode pair for hybrid Si/Ge OD and fuzz tones. And you can use it as an attenuator (No BS, it really does work). Also, this pedal is still a sleeper so there is no wait list as long as you get it from the Throbak website. It's by far my favorite dirt pedal. Check out the user reviews for it on Harmony Central and you'll see what I mean.

5. voetsek

voetsek Member

what are your opinions of the sexdrive? how do you think it compares with the throbak for an overdrive that does good as a clean boost?

6. voetsek

voetsek Member