Sorry, but I've got a really vain, dumb and silly question

KRosser

(my wife thinks the s type goes better with my coloring if that matters)
Are you seafoam green?

FWIW - if you're happily married, don't use the Tele because the powerful magnetic properties of a humbucker-equipped Tele will have nookie flying at you from all directions and that might get awkward.

Just trust me on this....

fuzz_factor

Silver Supporting Member
"Classic Rock" I guess would best describe us. Allman Brothers, Skynard, Eagles, some Dead, Hendrix, etc.
Ah, then the Tele. Especially if it's a color photo. I don't own a Tele, but do own two Strats. I'm not a Tele guy, but that is a sweet looking guitar. It screams 'classic rock.'

If I did buy a Tele, that's exactly what I'd want: The color, maple neck, humbucker at the neck, single coil at the bridge. Classic!

Last edited:

russ6100

Gold Supporting Member
That tele looks fantastic! I pity the fool that doesn't pick that tele! :AOK

OOG

you've got to be kidding
if you DON'T use that blue mosaic tele

you will NEVER be a rock god:RoCkIn

bynt

FWIW - if you're happily married, don't use the Tele because the powerful magnetic properties of a humbucker-equipped Tele will have nookie flying at you from all directions and that might get awkward.

Just trust me on this....
:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

I think I peed a little bit.

bynt

So I don't want to be the turd in the ole punch bowl but here's what I would recommend: As far as the guitar itself, it doesn't matter. How the guitar fits into the photo is what matters.

Think of the whole thing as an artistic venture and look at it in that vein. Your wife is on the right track here, IMO. What will the band (or you) be wearing? What's the backdrop of the photo etc? If you're going to go through the trouble of getting pictures done, you might as well go all the way.

Example: If you're going to be wearing a tan/khaki suit with a black t-shirt, the tele might not show really well. Conversely, if you're wearing bright orange (I hope not) Sea Foam might be too much. Does that make sense?

My father in law is an audio/video guy who also does photography and is really sensitive to stuff like that and was one of the first people to clue me in after helping him with commercials. It's a bit of an art, really.

Most of the people looking at it won't be guitarists I'd bet and you want something that's going to grab their eye.

In the end it won't matter if it doesn't look cool and nobody notices anyway.

Good luck and how freakin' cool is it that you get to do a promo shot with your band!?!? Congrats!

gixxerrock

So I don't want to be the turd in the ole punch bowl but here's what I would recommend: As far as the guitar itself, it doesn't matter. How the guitar fits into the photo is what matters.

Think of the whole thing as an artistic venture and look at it in that vein. Your wife is on the right track here, IMO. What will the band (or you) be wearing? What's the backdrop of the photo etc? If you're going to go through the trouble of getting pictures done, you might as well go all the way.

Example: If you're going to be wearing a tan/khaki suit with a black t-shirt, the tele might not show really well. Conversely, if you're wearing bright orange (I hope not) Sea Foam might be too much. Does that make sense?

My father in law is an audio/video guy who also does photography and is really sensitive to stuff like that and was one of the first people to clue me in after helping him with commercials. It's a bit of an art, really.

Most of the people looking at it won't be guitarists I'd bet and you want something that's going to grab their eye.

In the end it won't matter if it doesn't look cool and nobody notices anyway.

Good luck and how freakin' cool is it that you get to do a promo shot with your band!?!? Congrats!
This is good advice. Bring them all, and trust the photographer or someone with an artistic eye. The Tele is an iconic shape, but it totally depends on other factors related more to color and the artistic impact you are trying to make. Enjoy the photo shoot, I just did one with my band.

kludge

The droid you're looking for
Gold Supporting Member
The "odd" one, with the blue mosaic finish. ABSOLUTELY.

Speaking as a photographer, I can tell you that people doing promo shots often want to appear "safe" and "normal". These are just synonyms for "bland" and "unmemorable". Do something different and people will take more interest in the photo and be more likely to remember it.

Don't be afraid to stand out. That's why you do promo shots - to show that you're different! Otherwise, they'll assume you're just another fat middle-aged guy with a Hawaiian shirt, balding ponytail, and a guitar that tries to look even older than he is, and...

Trending Topics