Sorry, but New EHX Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Medication, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Medication

Medication Member

Sorry that this is coming from the "other" site, but you have to see these

mmmm....nano-muff.

2. burningyen

burningyen Gold Supporting Member

Let's hope this is the start of the miniaturization of all those mammoth EH pedals. What I wouldn't give for a Nano Mistress!

3. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

do these nano pedals have all the sonic goodness of their real-estate hoggin brethren? If so, what's going to happen with the new Little Big Muff?

4. gururyan

gururyan Member

I was hoping for a nano micro-synth. I wonder if they plan to continue shrinking them.

5. b_rad

b_rad Supporting Member

Different animals. If I'm not mistaken the nano muff will be very similar to the original "Muff Fuzz" which is more of an overdrive/distortion circuit, and 1 half of the Double Muff. The Little Big Muff is actually a full blown Big Muff circuit in a smaller enclosure.

This is a great step for EHX. I'm happy to see them make this move. It shows that they're paying attention.

6. Medication

Medication Member

It appears as if the LBM was an introduction to this new line of nano effects. The new Q-Tron, Pulsar, and Clone Theory seem to be in the LBM style housing.

7. The Eristic

The Eristic Member

The LBM, along with the new Q-Tron, Clone Theory, Metal Muff (not the MM w/ Top Boost), and Stereo Pulsar are all part of the "Micro" series, it seems. The "Nano" series is even smaller. :AOK

8. subversivepinko

subversivepinko Member

Great googly moogly!

*reaches for wallet*

9. mrp3118

mrp3118 Member

I wonder if they fixed volume drop in the small stone

10. Medication

Medication Member

Thank you for the correction :) . Do you have any other info about these new effects?

11. gururyan

gururyan Member

Ditto.
    Now if Peterson would build more substantial tuners, Fulltone would up the Customer Service and Way Huge would fire up production again...:p

No really, it IS very cool to see a company pay attention to what the customers want...particularly when it means they have to abandon or change the way they have been doing it for decades!

12. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

Does anyone have any scoop on the Echolution pedal?
    Sorry, my delay junkie habit is showing, but that caught my attention.

13. Judson

Judson Senior Member

Seems like EH pedals are just like bags of potato chips. Just put them in the microwave and watch them shrink.

14. The Eristic

The Eristic Member

Not yet. I've been trying to get a hold of the new price list for the store I teach at for a few days (mostly because I want to order the Polyphase and the Clone Theory!), but I haven't had any luck. :^(

15. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

Where's the new 2880 + expansion unit in the same size box as the standard big EH pedals??? Just kidding, but wouldn't that be cool?!?! With the expansion footswitches along the bottom in a row... will never happen!

16. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I wouldn't say that EXH hasn't been listening to customers. They did introduce TB into all their effects a number of years back.

It's good to see them adopting a more professional look for their pedals though. The old "thrown together" style, which worked and did have some charm, has become really impractical and definitely hit them in the sales department. Hopefully they'll fix the noise issues of some of their pedals as well!

17. musickbox

musickbox Supporting Member

Man I am totally blown away. I have always liked the EHX stuff, now that it fits on my board I might have some gas again. I probably will sell my small stone if the nano small stone sounds exactly the same (I like the volume drop, it helps with dynamics). Man, I am glad I don't have a girlfriend.

-Yannick

18. Digitalman

Digitalman Member

Yeah - A Nano Mistress would be sweet. It would be nice if they'd up the gauge on their sheet metal a couple notches...they've always been a bit flimsy.

Does anyone have experience with the LBM? How does it differ from and MXR Micro-Amp or a SD PU Booster? It's just a clean boost right?

19. Coach

Coach Senior Member

Yup. I've had many and some are a straight clean boost and some are a clean boost with a bit of a sparkle added like a clean boost mixed with a light treble boost.

It's great.

20. uncle looie

uncle looie Supporting Member

Damn... and I just bought a Q-Tron in the old Volkswagen-sized model. :jo