Sort of NGD: PRS Studio

Rock72

Well sort of, got this a couple of months ago (thanks a lot 'Scmavl'), but I decided to wait posting until the honeymoon was over. Don't see much talk about these here on TGP. Thi is my third PRS (after a Custom 22 and ME2).

My first thought was, "well, this one got some weight to it..", but in all honesty, that doesn't bother me that much. I love the 57/08 - Narrowfield configuration on this one. Seems like endless possibilities, especially when actively using the volume and tone controls. The pattern neck shape is comfortable and it is easy to work the fretboard. It has a very nice resonant sustain. Soundwise it is of course not dead on LP, Strat and Tele, but that is not why I wanted it. It covers a lot of ground and is a joy to play. Thumbs up to the studio from me.

[/IMG]

fossilfuel

dismember
That's a sweet Studio.

I've had a love for these for a while.

Loads of tonal possibilities, nice. Congrats.

ducmike

Gold Supporting Member
Nice. Sweet guitar.

I don't know what they changed, but the Pattern neck feels a little better than WF to me. And I love the WF profile.

I have bad GAS for one of these right now. I made the mistake of picking one up at a local shop last week. My first thought was "why have I sold all my PRS, they just fit me so well". Then I made the mistake of going back and plugging it in.

Wedge

Silver Supporting Member
I have one that I bought at the Experience........burnt orange trem with pattern thin neck. Killer guitar. Yanked out the bridge pup for an original PRS Dragon in zebra.......sounds great plays awesome.....smokin guitar.

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Beautiful guitar. Owners of those seem to love the range and versatility. Gotta try one.

robertkoa

I like to milk a lot of tones, dual and single coil from each instrument, not trying to exactly imitate other guitars- and this looks like a really versatile Axe, especially with a few switches.............pretty also.

Congrats to the OP.

Trending Topics