1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sort of NPCD

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by SLBlues, May 24, 2011.

1. SLBlues

SLBlues Member

Certainly not for the tele purist among us but here is my sort of hybrid telestrat partscaster. Amstd strat neck and MIM refin tele body from CL. Neck came from replacing the rw neck on my am std strat with a maple board wide nut (1 3/4) Warmouth. Body came from the Atlanta CL. Most of the other stuff from TGP emporiums. HD S-90 Bridge pickup, GFS Dream 90 Neck, and Wilkinson bridge. It currently has 250K pots and is wired with a 3 way switch. Thinking it might need 500k pots, but not at all positive about it. First attempt at putting a T type together. For sure not the highest quality parts available but it's a start and sounds pretty good to me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ed Alvarado

Ed Alvarado Member

Nice! Did the neck fit flush against the body?

3. SLBlues

SLBlues Member

Yes, the neck is flush against body. However, it not as tight side to side as I would prefer..