1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Soul Cactus?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Ardis, May 16, 2005.

1. Ardis

Ardis Member

Have any of you done any business with Soul Cactus in Arizona? Any opinions?

Thanks.

2. thelionsden

thelionsden Member

Somewhere near the Rock and Roll "Hole of Flames"
    Yes, i have..Its been awhile but I bought a Captain Coconut from him that was a return to him from someone else for a good price...everthing went down without a hitch.

DG

3. Ardis

Ardis Member

4. MinuteMan

MinuteMan Member

I bought a Keeley compressor from him about 2 years ago. NP at all. Very smooth.

5. showman(tx)

showman(tx) Member

Although I've never actually bought anything from him, I've exchanged several emails with Lance about a few things he's had for sale over the years. He's always been prompt in answering my questions and seemed eager to help in any way he could ...

6. Steve Rigby

Steve Rigby Member

Larry is a straight up guy. I have purchased many thousands of dollars worth of equipment from him. No problems.

Steve

7. rooster

rooster Member

I just visited him a couple of weeks ago about possibly carrying my amps. He seems like a very knowledgable guy, seems to have a good sense of ethics, and is a pretty darn good player as well.

rooster.

8. Ardis

Ardis Member

Thanks a million for all of your replies.

9. rbone100

rbone100 Member

I would love to get my hands on the special Victoria made for them called the "Soul Cactus!" I played it in person and it blew me away!

Ralphie

10. katuna

katuna Silver Supporting Member

I have found him to be very helpful, friendly and straight forward. Also, if you are looking at Victoria amps, he loves them and can speak very intelligently about the different models, etc.

11. spikeRI

spikeRI Supporting Member

got a CD by a local band called the "DelRios"......3 piece bluesband and the guitarist (who I met) was playing a Soul Cactus......awesome tone (nice CD all around)

12. SLG

SLG Member

I own a 3x10 Soul Cactus. It's an outstanding amp. My amp runs on a pair of EL84's. It's a unique twist on the Fender blackface tone. Reverb and Trem are superb.

13. G'OlPeachPhan

G'OlPeachPhan Member

Bought my Java Boost from Larry a couple years ago on both his and RK's recommendations for what I was looking for. Great guy to do business with.

14. tiltrite

tiltrite Member

I bought my Ganesha through soulcactus. No Problem.

15. 6AM

6AM Supporting Member

I bought a Bogner Ecstasy Classic from them back when they carried Bogner. It was a good transaction except, if I remember correctly, they wanted me to pay extra to pay by credit card. That kind of pissed me off, but whatever.

16. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

Larry is a totally straight up guy. I have spent a lot of money with him and each and every deal has been easy and no problems. He carries a lot of Victoria and ussually has many different pedals in stock. He really tries to carry the best version of a particular effect, like the Mojovibe. I know he has owned or tried many, many, many vibe pedals over several years to choose the Mojovibe. If you are by chance looking for a smaller Victorilux where 35 watts is to much and to big to carry, the 2X10 Soulcactus amp works really well.