• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Soul Food Problem

lspaulsp

Gold Supporting Member
I hit my Soul Food and all I get is this really loud squeal.
Has anyone else had this problem? Just wondering.

R.C.Moran

Gold Supporting Member
Sounds like it's extremely undercooked, whack it on the head and stick it back in the fryer for a while longer. Jokes aside, have you opened it up to see if any connections have started to come loose? Poor soldering at some of the joints can have a lot of wacky effects on a pedal.

bgmacaw

I've had this happen with some pedals. Most often, it was simply a loose jack. Tighten them up and see if that fixes it. Beyond that, if the pedal didn't get fried by a power surge, it's a loose or bad connection inside the pedal.

Alchemy Audio

Could be power supply / pedal chain order related. Also try the internal buffer / true bypass switch and see if that makes a difference. It could also be a faulty charge pump IC - which is a pain in the ass to replace. I've had to do a few.

timmy2tone

Bad Soul Food? Is it giving you .... (wait for it) .... GAS? :rimshot Get it? ..... GAS? I gigged late last night I'm going back to bed!

lspaulsp

Gold Supporting Member
Battery, I'll swap it out. I was trying to go light and took it off my board.
If it works on the Power Supply it's staying on the PS.

Didn't know about the low power thing. Thanks

Trending Topics