soul music in F Major

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by tedm, Jan 22, 2006.

1. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

2. onemind

onemind Member

Ted,

Move the guitar back in the mix, and come up for air. Even playing eighth notes it's good to have some rests.

3. StevenA

StevenA Member

Hey Ted,

Not terrible. You seem to be feeling every note and it doesn't appear as if any part of your solo was wigged out ahead of time which is always good. Try and insert a little more rhythm into your playing for interest. Perhaps utilizing the lower and upper extreme parts of the neck to break up the monotony. Don't forget, solos tell a story. They should have a beginning, middle, and end.
    Most importantly, it's not likely that you will come up with anything groundbreaking on your own, I know I won't, so make a strong effort to emulate, copy, model yourself after your favorite soloists. That information stretches out for a lifetime.
    Good work.

Steven

4. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

I applaud your attempts. Progress is only achieved by continued pursuit of perfection. Although in music perfection isn't always the goal at it were. My suggestion is to work on "phrasing" more. Being in key or in time in important but not the only components of good playing. When you're playing style is on the slower end (which I find much more pleasing than continued speed flurries that are so prevalent in alot of guitar works) try to make each note count. You can slow your playing down even more and use bends, vibrato (done with your fingers not a pedal or whammy bar) and synchopation (spelling?) to really put some feel into your solos. Thats when you begin to say so much more with far fewer notes. And this is a really good thing. These simple efforts will allow you to create very pleasing solos now while you are developing and can some day be accented by occasional fast passages as you get more proficient. Keep up the good work. I've heard a few of your clips and have notice a good bit of improvement so you're on the right track. Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

Steve C.

5. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member