• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Soulfood Just great with my Two-Rock

pageburst

I'm pretty much a non-pedal guy. I've gone through having several boutique pedals, even a Klon which I happened to did like. But at the end of the day I would usually just go directly into the amp.

I have to say the Soulfood is an amazing pedal at any price and at well under 100 an incredible bargain.

I use the it as a clean boost and it is phenomenal. As a touch of sparkle and mid lushness without taking anything away are altering the tone of the amp.

The Soulfood is one of those rare pedals where I forget it's even on. Feels like an extension of the amp. It's amazing the EHX really nailed the goodness of a Klon. I even think it might be a touch better at retaining the low end from what I recall.

Anyway, anyone running a Two-Rock amp should definitely give a try. It's working very well with my 1965 Vibrolux as well.

jcmark611

I'd kind of hope that anything would sound good with a Two-Rock for the money they cost.

AceBSpankin

Prince of Ales
Gold Supporting Member
I have a Soulfood and a Mojo Klone,
and I think the SF is very noisy and kinda bitey sounding.
The Mojo is made by hand and tested by a real dude,
much better quality and tonez out'a the Mojo Klone!

pageburst

I have a Soulfood and a Mojo Klone,
and I think the SF is very noisy and kinda bitey sounding.
The Mojo is made by hand and tested by a real dude,
much better quality and tonez out'a the Mojo Klone!
I would exchange it for another one because mine is definitely not bitty or noisy, but smooth and lush.

lv

Silver Supporting Member
The danger with using a soul food into a two-rock is that there is a very small chance the combination will create a black hole.

pvlcassic30

Not to be that Troll, but I've read the JHS mod makes it less noisy and tames some noted harshness. I plan on trying the EHX stock version first but am considering getting the Mod as well, but maybe rehoused. I hate the EHX enclosure.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom