Sound advice

Russ1968

Hi I'm new to thegearpage and need some help. I read a lot of reviews on gear and thought this is the best place for info. I have a kemper profiler and I am using it with a Victoria double deluxe tube amp. I have someone who wants to trade me two Dynaudio BM15s for the amp. Would love to know what members thoughts are in regards to the trade or any other info suggestions you might have. I have never used monitors so the setup would be new to me. I'm hoping I am posting in the right area. Apologize if I'm not. Thank you in advance..

I would simply Unplug from the PRofiler and play through the Victoria. Sell the PRofiler. YMMV....
IF you need the versatility of the Profiler, there are less expensive amps to use for amplification of the Profiler than the Victoria, imho. the Vicky deserves to be played as a guitar amp...imho and ymmv.
IF I used a PRofiler and had played through the Dynaudios and had to have them...and the on ly way to get them was to give up the Vicky DD, the fellow would have to be giving me about $1K in boot....maybe more. the Victoria cost more than those two dynaudios, and the resale value on the Victoria has to be much higher than those SS amps, imho. IF not, I am surprised.

Russ1968

I would simply Unplug from the PRofiler and play through the Victoria. Sell the PRofiler. YMMV....
IF you need the versatility of the Profiler, there are less expensive amps to use for amplification of the Profiler than the Victoria, imho. the Vicky deserves to be played as a guitar amp...imho and ymmv.
IF I used a PRofiler and had played through the Dynaudios and had to have them...and the on ly way to get them was to give up the Vicky DD, the fellow would have to be giving me about $1K in boot....maybe more. the Victoria cost more than those two dynaudios, and the resale value on the Victoria has to be much higher than those SS amps, imho. IF not, I am surprised.[/QUOT

Russ1968

Thanks for the reply. Re sale value definitely was a thought. The Victoria is amazing amp. Was thinking it's overkill for the kemper. I wouldn't be getting pure tube tone from the amp if hooked up to the kemper and vise versa I'm not getting the profiles from kemper exactly the way they should sound using the Victoria. A lot of this is new to me. Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Cheers

I was really bumping the post hoping a Profiler user would respond. I know there are those who think highly of them. I am old school....guitar, cable, amp.

Russ1968

I was really bumping the post hoping a Profiler user would respond. I know there are those who think highly of them. I am old school....guitar, cable, amp.
Thanks Stepping Wolfe. The monitors seem to retail around $1700 or so each and the reviews are good.
I would think the amp will have greater re sale value. I'm just reading that with a Kemper the profiles are much better if there is being no color added. Appreciate your advice. The Victoria is a great sounding amp

Rob s

It seems Kemper or Victoria too me.
Regardless of what you might think of getting a 'real' tube sound,
the Kemper has already modeled everything.
So it's like you are reamping your gtr amp thru anther gtr amp.
Never my favorite thing unless really wanting to mangle a sound.
I mix records for a living so I'm thinking about from that point of view.
I pretty much only reamp to repair a sound and if so I would prefer to use the
DI if provided.
I won't reamp A gtr sound that already sounds like a properly recorded gtr/amp.
If, for whatever reason, it needs some real analog life, I'll perhaps make sure the chain has
Some transformers on it and some tube compression.
Anyways that's my two cents.

Russ1968

It seems Kemper or Victoria too me.
Regardless of what you might think of getting a 'real' tube sound,
the Kemper has already modeled everything.
So it's like you are reamping your gtr amp thru anther gtr amp.
Never my favorite thing unless really wanting to mangle a sound.
I mix records for a living so I'm thinking about from that point of view.
I pretty much only reamp to repair a sound and if so I would prefer to use the
DI if provided.
I won't reamp A gtr sound that already sounds like a properly recorded gtr/amp.
If, for whatever reason, it needs some real analog life, I'll perhaps make sure the chain has
Some transformers on it and some tube compression.
Anyways that's my two cents.
Thanks Rob S
Your two cents mean a lot. I asked the question because members like you know a lot
More than me. I'm probably not going to get rid of the Kemper because I just got it and
I'm enjoying it. I only jam with a few buddies once in a while. I guess I either make the trade or keep
The Victoria and maybe get a frfr amp or monitors to use with the Kemper. I would not be able to afford anything like the dynaudio bm15s.

Cheers
Russ

A tube power amp might be an interesting approach to amplify that Kemper. I saw a Peavey 50/50 for not much money...if the Kemper wants to see a stereo rig. Then, you need two sepakers, right? OR....I saw a few used Dynaudio's--lower models--- on ebay that weren't much money??? IS there any reason why you need two monitor amp systems for the Kemper?
what kind of music do you play? What needs does the Kemper fill? Just curious. some people need such a tool. Others don't.

Russ1968

A tube power amp might be an interesting approach to amplify that Kemper. I saw a Peavey 50/50 for not much money...if the Kemper wants to see a stereo rig. Then, you need two sepakers, right? OR....I saw a few used Dynaudio's--lower models--- on ebay that weren't much money??? IS there any reason why you need two monitor amp systems for the Kemper?
what kind of music do you play? What needs does the Kemper fill? Just curious. some people need such a tool. Others don't.
No need why I need two monitor amp systems for the Kemper. I mostly play blues and classic rock. I love playing guitar but at the end of the day it's just a hobby. I like the Kemper because it's so versatile. so many sound options....not that I need them, more of a want....lol. I'm mostly downstairs in my basement playing.

Russ

Trending Topics

Top Bottom