• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Sound City Amps at NAMM?

paulg

Silver Supporting Member
It seems like every other amp company has been brought back from the grave. So why not?

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
Kick a** cosmetics! Maybe it's going to be more of a vintage line from Fryette? Looking forward to hearing more about these!

Sirloin

Silver Supporting Member
The deal with these amps is they are big and loud.

Tweet should have read: "we are introducing an OLD line of amps. Sound City".

ZUMbass

^^ I've heard some guys sound great with SC. Still one based on the 67-68 pre Hiwatt at a sane price would be nice
Dear sixty2strat,
Your dreams have been answered.
The cabinet is rear-loaded with a vented back, has 4 Sound City Power speakers (Fane F70G).
The heads (Master Lead 50 and Master One Hundred) have a Normal and Brilliant input that are designed to be jumped and a Master volume that brings up the kind of power amp saturation that will make you smile . . .

jdel77

These are Fryette made?
Very interesting. Love the DR103, OR120, Sound City sound.
So big and 3D.

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
Between this, the GP/DI and the Synergy stuff I'm extremely psyched! Oh, and let's not forget the new Marshall mini. Good stuff to look forward to this year!

71strat

Supposedly Hendrix used Sound Citys on Axis Bold as Love album for clean tones. He also was supposed to have tried Hi Watt, and said he couldnt get the sound he wanted out of them, but he was impressed on how loud they were when he heard Townsend using them.

sixty2strat

Supposedly Hendrix used Sound Citys on Axis Bold as Love album for clean tones. He also was supposed to have tried Hi Watt, and said he couldnt get the sound he wanted out of them, but he was impressed on how loud they were when he heard Townsend using them.
As I understand it the early sound city were Hiwatt before Joyce went solo and took the name Hiwatt. Which makes sense Gilmour and Towshend used SC the and went over to Hiwatt. Latter SC drifted from the circuit

71strat

Reeves is the 1 who started Hi Watt in 66, and took a contract with Joyce so he could get money for is own amps. Hi Watt.. He originally did work for Joyce, then left and started Hi Watt.

He also had Joyce do much of the assembly, starting in 1970, and then were sent to Reeves for final assembly.

Cactus Bob

Silver Supporting Member
Flashback! I bought a new demo version Lead 100 twin stack back in the early 70's for $500. I sold it for the same a few years later. What a beast is was!

MasterEvan07

Where's that buzzing coming from...?
Gold Supporting Member
Everyone who has come in to the booth has been mind blown by the Sound City. It's everything I wish the Reeves Custom 50 'Jimmy' PS head had been.

pale fire

Silver Supporting Member
Sound city amps, music man amps, ibanez artist guitars , coily cables - the 70s are back ! Next up - Gibson l6s and marauders ?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom