Sound clips of my "ultimate" Strat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by FlackBase, Jan 11, 2008.

1. FlackBase

FlackBase Felonious Monkey Gold Supporting Member

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]My "band" still gets together once or twice a month just to jam as a three piece, and last night was the first chance I had to play my '56 Relic. Man it sounds sweet! It's the "Strattiest Strat" I've ever had.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial] The tunes are long and tedious, and replete with beer-induced clams and general incompetency, but skip around and I think you'll find some pretty nice tones. ;)

Setup was Guitar -> Keeley TS-9 -> Line 6 Echo Park -> Boss RV-5 -> '57 Tweed Twin RI. I used the TS-9 on "arthrighteous" and "troutstanding", it's a pretty obvious SRV/Hendrix type tone.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Oh yea, Recorded with a handheld Edirol R-09.

[/FONT]http://www.sharpenyouraxe.com/sounds/

2. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

I'm glad your enjoying your new Strat. Something almost magic seems to happen when we get that Strat that speaks to us and channels our creativity into music. You have crossed paths with quite a few guitars so I'm sure this one must certainly be special. Don't sell this one or you will probably regret it. :^)
    Rock on!

3. FlackBase

Yes indeed, JJ! It's really a great guitar, and it loves that amp too. They sound incredible together. I may buy other guitars, but it wont be because I want a "better" Strat. This one's a keeper.

[​IMG]

4. Blue4Now

Blue4Now Silver Supporting Member

Your clips are awsome. And I mean awsome. I have listened to them a few times know and I'll tell you its clips like this that everyone should listen to when thay say strats are thin or weak sounding. Your tone is what I strive for. Thanks

5. Zelmo

Zelmo Member

Yeah - your clips sound great, man. I've got a '56 'keeper' myself, so i'm with you.....

6. Pedro58

Pedro58 Supporting Member

Beautiful tones! I'm impressed by the Tweed Twin and the Edirol, too!

Oh... and you're a great player, too. I can hear you guys are having fun.

7. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Excellent sound! I looked at your amp collection........impressive.....

I noticed the '66 Bandmaster. Did you use a existing cab or is it custom-made? Looks like 2x10 ?

8. JohnK24

JohnK24 Supporting Member

Those are some awesome strat tones...and playing too my friend. Killer style that'd I play to listen too....very nice.

9. daddyo

daddyo Guest

Nice plying and tone. There is nothing like a strat and a slightly overdriven Fender amp. That Edirol is pretty impressive.

10. FlackBase

Thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoyed it. The bass player and drummer are father and son, and we do have a blast just stretching out an jamming.

Han: The Bandmaster cab is a JD Newell 2x10. Right now I have an EVM10M (the 10" version of the popular 12" EV) and a Celestion Vintage 10. It's pretty fat sounding for a blackface. I need to update that page. All the missing pics are amps I've recently sold, and I have added a few that aren't on there yet.

That little Edirol recorder was worth every penny. Just pop the SD card out of it and instant mp3's.

I've had that Twin for 2 years now, and never really bonded with it until I played this Strat through it. Not that I disliked it or anything, it just never seemed to rise above the pack so to speak. Now I can't see not playing it ;)

11. wrxplayer

wrxplayer Supporting Member

12. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Thanks for the info. Those JD cabs look pretty good. I am considering to convert one of my Bandmasters to a combo.

13. FlackBase

The JD cabs do look great. Some folks will tell you they are cheaply built, but I have 2 of them as well as a couple of the higher priced (Crusty, Mojotone) and side by side I can't tell any difference at all.

14. Axekisser

Axekisser Member

Great Tones and playing! Is your bridge set-up to float or is it against the body. My EJ's on the body but I'm thinking of floating it a bit.

15. FlackBase

I pulled it down against the body just to the point that a whole step bend on any of the plain strings won't pull anything flat.

16. edwinhong

edwinhong Member

if you decides to sell that guitar let me know please ~~~~~~

17. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Member

Nice tones, playing, groove from the rhythm section and recodring for a live, quickie!

So, I check your website....gear city:drool....big basement? :AOK

18. kego

kego Member

"I've had that Twin for 2 years now, and never really bonded with it until I played this Strat through it. Not that I disliked it or anything, it just never seemed to rise above the pack so to speak. Now I can't see not playing it ;)"

Ha! Told ya...

;)

19. IndieHead

IndieHead Member

Great stuff Flackbase......

wat are the specs on your 56? vintage radius and frets?