Sound Review: Stratocaster With Roland Micro Cube Amp. What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Jimmy25, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Jimmy25

Jimmy25 Member

Hey everyone! I spent a day today trying to put this together, especially for those who might be interested in this amp / guitar, hopefully you could find this useful somehow. With that said, here's a sound review going through ALL 5 different tone selections on my new "Roland Micro Cube Amp" and ALL 5 pickup selector switch on my recently bought second-handed "Fender 57 Reissue Maple Neck Stratocaster Made In Japan Since 1993".

Basically, here's how I did my record: Connect 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch adapter to amp's rec out > Connect 1/8 inch to 1/8 inch cable from amp to PC's Mic > Recorded with Audacity 1.2.6.

It's a very newbie simple setup for recording, and also I'm only a beginner, it's a messy bad playing, so please excuse me for any mistakes or not staying on beat. With a simple record setup like this, you might not be able to hear the true sound of the amp. And with a cube amp, you might not be able to hear the true sound of the guitar. But still, that's all I got for now, and it's just an idea ; )

BTW. Although the sound quality seems to get worst after recording, and also after uploading it to the internet. (Perhaps open the speaker loud / use a headphone to get the most out of it?) It would still be great if you could leave a comment on how you think about the sound of my guitar / amp. Also any criticism on my playing are absolutely accepted, I still have too much to learn!

CHEERS AND ENJOY =D

Fender Stratocaster With Roland Micro Cube Amp.wav

TIME Pickup Tone Selection
    0:00-0:33 neck Acoustic
    0:34-1:20 neck+middle Acoustic + Chorus Effect
    1:21-2:00 middle JC clean
    2:01-2:32 middle+bridge JC Clean + Delay Effect
    2:33-3:14 neck JC clean + Reverb Effect
    3:15-3:50 bridge Black Panel
    3:51-4:10 middle Black Panel + Reverb Effect
    4:11-4:45 middle+bridge Brit Combo + No Effect First Then Add-In Flanger Effect
    4:46-5:28 middle Classic Stack + No Effect First Then Add-In Tremolo
    5:29-6:00 bridge R-Fier + No Effect First Then Add-In Phaser

2. Jimmy25

Jimmy25 Member

does the link work?

3. bbutler123

bbutler123 Member

That amp has some really beautiful clean tones the way you play them. I have one myself and have had it for 3 or 4 years. I LOVE the Classic Stack sound with my Gibson/humbucker pickups. I have the gain on only about 10 o'clock and it sounds more like an old 1970 Marshall Plexi than any amp simulator I've ever heard.

Keep playing, you're doing fine for where you are. I've heard it all. I've played for many years, and taught guitar for quite a few of those.

You know, when you come up with about 100 dollars, you can buy an amp someday with a 12" speaker and maybe 20-40 watts (much bigger sound) and then run a cable from the 'Record Out' of your Microcube into the bigger guitar amp. You'll be amazed how much bigger those great tones in the Microcube sound.

Good show man, keep it up. :)