1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Soundclips! Give me your best! OD, distortion, fuzz, etc.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rorschah, Dec 9, 2005.

1. rorschah

rorschah Member

That's it. I have a gigantor maximus list of freakin' pedals to research - HBE Power Screamer, HBE Big D, MI Audio Tube Zone, Zim, Soulbender, etc. etc. etc.

For some reason, in almost all cases (except for Barber and Xotic), the soundclips at the website sound like crap. For God's sake, the soundclips at lovepedal mostly sound pretty poor. So at this point, I pretty much have no idea what anything sounds like except for the few things I've tried at the store, and The Gainster's Clip Stashay.

So post soundclips of your favorite pedals, in use! Whatever it is, whatever style you're playing in, lemme hear it! Of course, totally awesome are the pure demo "this is the rig clean, now here's the pedal", but just putting up a track of your band and saying, "when that lead solo kicks in, that's me stepping on the Zendrive." Actually, I'd love to hear how much a lot of this stuff sounds in the mix. I am, at present, *terrible* at listening to a pedal in the store and guessing how it'll sound in the mix.

-thi

2. rorschah

rorschah Member

Especially from the lesser-known makers.

Boss etc. anybody can hear by walking into a GC. (This, of course, doesn't include modded pedals.)

There are a few makers that are endlessly discussed her (Clay Jones, Fulltone, Lovepedal, etc.) which there seem to be quite a few clips of.

Everything else in between - Skreddy, Wyllie, HBE, MJM, etc. etc. - that I have no idea what it sounds like.

3. erksin

erksin Member

I'd recommend sampling the clips from MI Audio - Michael does VERY detailed examples of his pedals there...

4. Devi Ever

Devi Ever Guest

5. scottl

scottl Member

6. THROBAK

THROBAK Vendor

Lots of clips at my site. All are done with the same amp, mic and guitars. There is a clean clip without the effect on at the beginning of most of the clips.

Scroll down to the Overdrive Boost. This is my newest pedal and will do a boost that is as clean or dirty as you want.

Here is a link. www.throbak.com

7. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

Lovepedal Eternity
    Lovepedal Ezekiel
    BSM OR
    Fulltone '69
    Fulltone Soul-Bender

You can check them out on the my soundclick websites.
    Randy

8. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Ha no fair!!! You can go to any cd store and hear yours!!! Heck I found a Windham hill 92 cd sampler with you on it.

:RoCkIn

9. gururyan

gururyan Member

Thank you! I knew I'd want the BSM OR! I have been gassing for one of those ever since reading the description of it's abilities in a Guitar mag a year or two ago. Now I finally hear what I imagined...I have to get one for sure now!

10. matte

matte Senior Member

11. matte

matte Senior Member

12. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Hey man you were at a Garage Sale in North Baltimore, Ohio. Thats the big time! I saved it from Billy bob adding it to his Segar collection.