Soundclips of the Swart Space Tone Reverb now up!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by farlowhigh, Jan 20, 2008.

1. farlowhigh

farlowhigh Member

just to let people know that swartamps.com has now put up a few nice clips of the newest Swart, the Space Tone Reverb, their 5 watter with a 12" speaker and tube reverb...there will be more to come....

are people still digging their STRs? JohnB, are you still liking it?? You gave such a useful review last time that Swart put it up on his own website and I would love to hear your thoughts on the amp now that you have had it for a while...and of course anyone else who has it or who has played it...

2. catherinef

catherinef Member

I got one several months back in a trade with another gearpage member. i think it's a terrific amp. Doesn't fit neatly into one category. It came stock with a 6V6, but I put in a NOS 6L6 so I have a little more heardoom and chime. Definitely an old-school amp in my opinion, but to me, that's it's charm. I would tell anyone to try one out.

3. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

The samples I could get to work sound great! However, I can't seem to find what guitar(s) were used for the samples. For those who have one of these, have you run a Les Paul thru 'em? If so, how'd it sound?

4. mobile homeless

mobile homeless Member

Just got that page updated with pertinent info and the rest of the samples. Actually, think Dave Hemann, a session guitarist/composer out of LA, did a really great job. Super nice guy, too. Greg V might be adding his take as well but liking Dave's style just as much.

For the samples, Dave used a '57 Les Paul Goldtop Re-issue, '83 Gibson 335, and a '52 Re-issue Fender Telecaster.

The samples are straight from the amp, no pedals or effects, all via an SM-57, Universal Solo/610 preamp, done with Pro-Tools Digi-003.

5. farlowhigh

farlowhigh Member

the samples are great! Clearly another great amp from Michael Swart!!! great playing and I like how the clips are laid out so you can see the settings easily as well as the guitar used for each...I sense another trip to Fat Sound some time soon...