Soundcraft Compact 4 vs Mackie Mix8

Tito83

Is it "better"? Why I'm asking...

I was looking for a small mixer to hook my keyboards to my Apogee Duet, I was about to pull the trigger on a Mix8. Looking a bit I found Soundcraft Compact 4 being sold as NOS for $50. A friend assured me it would be a step up, so I got it, it seemed like a good deal. It got here, works and all, but it's not "NOS". If it wasn't described as such, I would totally be ok with it, but the fact it isn't as described left a bad taste in my mouth. So... Is it really a step up? If it's not, I'll return it, but if it really is I'm good. I don't have much experience with it to be able to judge, that's why I'm asking. Should I keep it?

Thanks!

335guy

Generally, I prefer Soundcraft mixers to Mackie mixers, but at that price point, I doubt there's much difference. The Soundcraft MIGHT be a tad quieter and more pleasant sounding, IDK for sure. But are you sure you even need a mixer to hook up your keyboards to your interface? The Apogee Duet has a breakout cable with XLR and TRS ins and outs, and you should be able to hookup your keyboard directly to the Apogee.

Tito83

Generally, I prefer Soundcraft mixers to Mackie mixers, but at that price point, I doubt there's much difference. The Soundcraft MIGHT be a tad quieter and more pleasant sounding, IDK for sure. But are you sure you even need a mixer to hook up your keyboards to your interface? The Apogee Duet has a breakout cable with XLR and TRS ins and outs, and you should be able to hookup your keyboard directly to the Apogee.

Thanks! I think I might just return it and get a brand new one. I actually have 3, one Keyboard and 2 modules and also use a mic, that's why I got it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom