• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Soundgarden Reunites! Well, Almost …

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
what the heck was the on vocals? the music was good but the vocals? bad choice for a reunion.

jojobean39

I am all about a Soundgarden reunion. But, they need Cornell. Also, they need to kick the guy singing in the face.

Brendan

I saw their next-to-last show and Shepherd's behavior really put a damper on things. For nearly the entire set he slumped against a PA stack and his body would inch toward the ground and just when you thought he was going to collapse, he'd lift himself up a bit. I thought, "poor guy...must have the flu or something..." until he stormed off the stage at one point and it took the band about 10 min. to get him back out. Then it was clear that it was his way of saying he didn't want to be there that night.
I'd love to see Soundgarden again. Don't really care if Ben is part of that.

Lution

Wow, I haven't seen Thayil in a while!

Good to see him again.

Any idea what amp he used? Kind of looks like a VTM with the Peavey label covered up.

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
Wow, I haven't seen Thayil in a while!

Good to see him again.

Any idea what amp he used? Kind of looks like a VTM with the Peavey label covered up.
That is the amp amp he used to use so it's very possible.

el nino

well i guess guys just happend to be there that day and wanted to have fun...but i also think/hope that when cornell hears about this there will be phone calls made...well we can all dream about that one right:drool

Phillip_H

Without Chris Cornell, it isn't Soundgarden. In addition (FWIW), I have never been a Kim Thayil fan. He always struck me as the Ringo Starr of the band - functional, but nothing special.

Lution

Without Chris Cornell, it isn't Soundgarden. In addition (FWIW), I have never been a Kim Thayil fan. He always struck me as the Ringo Starr of the band - functional, but nothing special.
These thoughts sort of astounded me. :facepalm

Kim may not have been the driving force on the songwriting end of it, but the guy is not only a killing rhythm player who gets awesome tone, but his lead work is very unique. Certainly a very special guitar player in my book.

toby

Silver Supporting Member
it isn't soundgarden without thayil, either.

Texas_Blues

Ringo owns, I don't know what your talking about :jo
And that singing was horrid.:barf

Trending Topics