• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Soundhole pickup for Parlor?

Does reguler soundhole mounted magnetic pickups fit a parlor size guitar?
I have a Washburn R318, 125th anniversary guitar without pickup.
Or is there a special parlor size soundholemount pickup?

mgarrison99

Platinum Supporting Member
I have that same guitar, and put a K&K Pure Western Mini in it. Only mod is to replace the strap pin so it can act as a jack as well. You'll be surprised how much bass this little guitar pumps out. I also bought the K&K belt clip preamp, but keep it on the floor with a few other pedals. For volume, either get you a volume pedal, or pick up one of the Taylor guitar cables that has a volume control built into the jack that plugs into your guitar. They work like a charm.

K&K? But...I thought he said he wanted a soundhole p.u.??

Measure the soundhole. Most are about 4". If yours is smaller check with different manufacturers for their dimensional specs. I like the Bill Lawrence p.u. for it's "acoustic" sound. Fishman is popular, too.

Trending Topics