Source Audio C4 Modular Synth Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rsmith601, Feb 16, 2018.

1. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

By the way, Simon Francis (Ellie Goulding's bass player) just published a rather epic group of new presets. We are now at 105 :)

2. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member

Can't wait to make some new presets this weekend with the update. My work-week guitar time is usually non-existent.

Finally tried it with bass last weekend. A stunner for sure, and so far outweighing the results I've seen with guitar. I expect that to change, though!

3. Flip362

Flip362 Member

I would almost sorta agree with you... but bass is primarily a one note instrument, so you don’t have as many limitations on play styles like you do on guitar. That being said, i’m Going to take it on it’s first gig 2 Wednesday’s from now... I need to reorganize the board before then...

I love this thing.

4. aisling

aisling Silver Supporting Member

2 entirely separate pedals for sure, but I hated the pigtronix mothership 2, just couldn't get it sound remotely musical or pleasant to my ears. Was about to sell it, then plugged it into bass with an expression pedal and it found its forever home. I'll never let it go now.

anxiousmofo likes this.
  5. Daniel Krawchuk

Daniel Krawchuk Member

I've been following this pedal for a while, and I won't be able to pick one up until the fall most likely, but I was wondering what MIDI controller would be best/recommended for cycling through the 128 presets. I don't own any other SA pedals so I would like to avoid having to buy the Neuro Hub. I was looking at the Tech 21 MIDI Mouse, but I've been hearing that wouldn't work.

6. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member

C4 is definitely not going anywhere.

7. aisling

I'm not an early adopter, waiting for the "official" release, but i was a little skeptical at first with the need for an editor, but the sounds and demo's are just so amazing and tasty that I feel this will be my guitar synth pedal, and i'll leave the mothership on the bass. Cant wait!

anxiousmofo likes this.
  8. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

You need something with USB MIDI is you don't want the Hub. @DisasterArea for the win! :)

9. Christian Surieux

Christian Surieux Member

I hope there will be an easy way to do it with Soleman....

10. DisasterArea

DisasterArea Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals

micro.ghost, more details after NAMM.

11. Christian Surieux

Christian Surieux Member

Sorry but the idea was not to buy some more equipment ... the ratio equipments/effect pedals has reached its acceptable value on my side with one soleman, 2 neuro hubs (may be 3 depending on C4), 2 tap tempo/footswitch, 1 dual expression...

12. DisasterArea

DisasterArea Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals

Pardon my mistake. I believe you will need to use the Neuro Hub to communicate with C4 if you're not using USB MIDI.

13. MartyReasoner

MartyReasoner Member

@rsmith601 we need a noise oscillator for drum sounds.

14. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

Hub plus Soleman will work.

Christian Surieux likes this.
  15. Daniel Krawchuk

Daniel Krawchuk Member

So which disaster area midi-controller would you recommend for cycling through presets on the C4 that will allow me to not have to use the neuro hub? I'm just trying to minimize the cost. Preferably one that shows the preset numbers on a screen? Thanks!

16. Christian Surieux

Christian Surieux Member

No problem, but just let me know if you have a dealer in Europe or France, my usual suppliers being : German guys : Thomann, Musik Store, French guys :Woodbrass, Star Music + lot of smaller PRS resellers, eventually British guys as Andertons but Brexit is here.

17. diego.fresh

diego.fresh Member

@DisasterArea can confirm but any gen3 or later including https://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/dmc-micro will have usb host mode and should work

18. Eldritch Tentacles

Eldritch Tentacles Member

The DMC Micro looks absolutely perfect for this. I’m planning on getting one ASAP for my C4.

diego.fresh likes this.
  19. Eldritch Tentacles

Eldritch Tentacles Member

I love Pigtronix stuff... absolutely HATED the Mothership 2 (guitar) and couldn’t return it fast enough. C4 is on a completely different plane of existence. From subtle to totally over the top... it’s a VERY impressive tool.

20. aisling

Yeah I totally agree, I got busy in my work life and the mothership sat for a few months before I realized how much I hated it, then it sat another year until I decided to sell it, and I had picked up a bass recently, and for sheets and giggles plugged it in one day and realized its potential as a bass effect. I also love my meris pedals, but I'm hoping this addresses some of my issues with the Enzo, and I'll move it on.

jquanmusic likes this.