Source Audio C4 Modular Synth Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rsmith601, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Flip362

Flip362 Member

Why don’t you just take your nemesis and Ventris out of the hub and use them like independent devises? If you have a usb midi host then your C4 is the same independent entity. I used to do this with my nemesis and Ventris. It became too many MIDI messages to keep up with while programming. It is much easier to have everything in the hub and on, then bring things in and out with my loop switcher.

Christian Surieux and Gibs210 like this.
  2. Adamixoye

Adamixoye Member

I brought it up here because of its particular relevance to the C4 and because I'm not sure where the Hub thread is if it exists, and have just been responding to the ensuing discussion. I've made my request, happy to move on.

Christian Surieux likes this.
  3. bassbrad

bassbrad Member

@rsmith601 are the Envelopes published anywhere, I need to visualize them as the is the last part of the C4 I have yet to grok so I can fully integrate my creativity to itz dotard potential.

misa likes this.
  4. Adamixoye

Adamixoye Member

That's what I'm doing with the Nemesis, I don't actually have a Ventris (that was hypothetical). But to keep this at least somewhat C4-focused per Roger's request, that won't be an option with the C4 because it doesn't do 5-pin MIDI, you need a Hub or other device. I already have a Hub for my Aftershock, it would be a bit silly to get another device to do this.

5. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

I have asked Bob to create a write up on the filters. Not done yet.

Eldritch Tentacles and misa like this.
  6. bassbrad

bassbrad Member

❌❎⤵⬇:-( :'( :-* Soon I hope.

Building the C4 does make you all heroes in my books anyway!!! The video posted today was funny and informative, pleez keep them a coming.

7. bassbrad

bassbrad Member

Are we limited to 16 sequences? Suggestion for a video on creating sequences.

8. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

You could do this in hub manager, I haven’t messed with it in Neuro editor much (I’ve got some bugs that are keeping me from doing anything beyond editing just the Gemini right now) so @LionVerse could be right on that feature not being present currently. the alternate way that should work is simply disconnect the cable from the hub, hit the scan button, make your adjustments and save. Should work in theory.

9. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

!!!! Everyone, please update your firmware to 1.12 ASAP. Do not use 1.11. There is a bug in it which will impact presets.!!!!

10. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member

Is there a new version of Desktop to download, or will the last one posted find the firmware?

11. LionVerse

LionVerse Supporting Member

You can do this in the editor now. Jesse put it in release versions :aok

12. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member

To answer my own question, since I am home now, you update Neuro Desktop.

13. Intrglctcrevfnk

Intrglctcrevfnk Supporting Member

As I save more and more presets I started to wonder how to organize it... I think I’m going to set up 4 ‘blocks’ and have it categorized by genre/type. Figured many of you are in the same boat- randomly saving cloud presets in numerical order mixed in with ones you’ve created. There seems to be 4 major categories; 1. Filters 2. Synth tones 3. Arpeggiator/Harmony/Octave 4. Sound effects and off the wall stuff.

How are you guys doing it?

I was thinking this:
    1-6 - toggle presets (would copy favorites from below categories)
    7-27 - Envelope Filters (Mutron, Qtron, Meatball, Spectrum-20 slots)
    28-68 - Synth/Future Impact styles (40 slots, most used)
    69-99 - Arpeggiators and harmonies (30 slots. Using Aeolian minor and double use for relative major)
    100-128 Video Game/Sound Effects/Weird Stuff/The Rest (28 slots)

My list has become a mess at 70ish presets, all mixed up and unorganized. And it keeps growing lol.

Re-doing it and organizing would also be helpful for midi scrolling which should be coming via firmware. Then I can set 4 jump to sections on 2 latching Soleman buttons then use the other 2 for scroll up/scroll down. I’ve programmed a bunch of the midi 104 preset channels on my Soleman but that would be easy to change. About 5 panels with 4-8 presets each depending on how I configured it.

balsbury and rsmith601 like this.
  14. balsbury

balsbury Member

Question around the envelope feature. If the master knob is panned all the way to Env, but eh envelope is selected off in the voices then what is happening. I was playing with some community sounds that seemed to be triggered by some envelope but the envelope was selected as off in the voice settings.

15. Brian Williams

Brian Williams Member

That's why I like checking here every now and then! Might have missed that. Enjoying the learning process of the C4, just wish I could spend more time on it. Damn,life is busy! Just posted a bunch of presets (the hook), mostly bass synth stuff,a few more lead orientated. There's still a lot I haven't had time to get into though.

rsmith601 likes this.
  16. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher Member

I had that happen on some of my patches and reported it as a bug. Of you click on the patch name a second time, the correct settings get loaded.

Christian Surieux and balsbury like this.
  17. Intrglctcrevfnk

Intrglctcrevfnk Supporting Member

Those are pretty sweet! Just burned Phashlight and Drive Angry to my newly organized preset banks and made Soleman panel setups for them.

18. bassbrad

bassbrad Member

I've done the same sort of thins myself with different blocks for sound types

19. Brockstar

Brockstar Member

Ok so does the c4 ship with anything else like a USB cable and if so how long is it? If not, can someone show me the ends to the usb that is needed for it to work? I'm still thinking of getting one [by the way anyone wanna sell their yet via paypal? lol] but need to know if usb comes with it or am i gonna need to see if i have one that works for it or have to get one etc... thanks!

20. bigEbeer

bigEbeer Member

It take a USB Mini-B plug. I believe it includes a usb cable but not a super long one (I got one of the beta units, so I’m not positive what comes with the retail version)

Brockstar likes this.