Source Audio C4 Modular Synth Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rsmith601, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Auger64

Auger64 Member

Just for the record, I did not have midi clock turned on in the Soleman.

2. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

Thanks. We will get to the bottom of this!

Auger64 likes this.
  3. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher Member

I’d actually forgotten how cool this track is! Thanks for reminding me! I’m going to see if I can recreate this sound on C4 when I get time and will post it (but imagine it might be a job for the FI due to the specific envelope shape required - sounds like it’s got a higher sustain phase than is currently possible on C4).

I actually bought those George Duke albums back when I got really into Rhodes piano. Listening to “ l Feel” again is making me love it even more for all the cool synth parts that I probably wasn’t paying attention to on the first listens.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    bassbrad and Jmanfunk like this.
  4. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher Member

@rsmith601 in a (non-immediate) future update would it be possible to amend the behaviour of the level indicators in the filter, distortion and mix sections of the editor such that, if a voice is muted, it does not appear in the level indicators? I feel this would give better visual feedback as to what is going on in any given preset; if a preset is only using one or two voices, it’ll be immediately obvious as only those voices’ levels will be visible. Just a suggestion.

5. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

@benevan, @Christian Surieux and anyone else who cares......great news. Jesse was able to save a complete set of C4 preset parameters to his Hub today. It is NOT a pointer to a preset, it is actually saving all of the knobs and parameters. This means that he has created the Hub firmware and also the C4 pedal firmware that will make this all work. The last step is to update the Neuro Desktop to ensure it can also make it all happen. When that is done, we will need to test it. If there are a few hard core Hub users and C4 users who want to help test. Please send me a PM. Our plan is to roll all of this out publicly in 4 weeks or less. What a relief!! It was worrying me.....

FrogT, wbasstrolo, Bryan Day and 16 others like this.
  6. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member

Great news!

7. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

At this point, do I even need to ask anymore?

LionVerse and rsmith601 like this.
  8. Christian Surieux

Christian Surieux Member

Great! I was confident that Jesse would do it !
    And it is before end of august, perfect.
    Ready to test on my hubs, I start backing up everything in case... ;)

9. Auger64

Auger64 Member

That was it, Gibs! Good call!

LionVerse, rsmith601 and Gibs210 like this.
  10. dld33

dld33 Member

I'm thinking of picking this up to use for live use. Mainly interested in pad sounds as I play in a guitar oriented cover band.

How are the pads sounds in general? Most of samples I've heard so far seem to be more lead type sounds.

11. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher Member

Like this?

12. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

New C4 video posted today:

J.Jones, FrogT, Ratterbass and 4 others like this.
  13. slimefuzz

slimefuzz Member

Love those bass sounds.
    If you play guitar, would the sounds be about the same if you set the oscillators to 1 octave down?

14. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

Never had that question before. For the wet signal, I think it would depend on the tuning, but potentially yes. On the dry signal (if it is used in the preset), then no.

slimefuzz likes this.
  15. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher Member

The oscillators should sound the same. The bonus is that latency will be less due to the waveforms of the input signal being half as long so the tracking circuit can work quicker. The only thing that might sound different is if the preset has any filter pitch tracking applied; as the guitar input signal is higher in pitch, it will open the filter further so you’d probably need to adjust the cutoff knob (and possibly the depth knob) to compensate.

By the way, most of my bass presets are pitched one octave down already so you’d be able to play them on guitar as is.

slimefuzz likes this.
  16. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

I agree that many of the presets created by bass players sound great on guitar too.

17. Ratterbass

Ratterbass Member

Sooo while tinkering with the editor, some things came to my mind, which I think would be nice if they could be added in future updates.

1. Expression control for the semitones. Detune can be applied to exp but semitones and octaves cannot. It would be cool to use the exp as a pitch wheel as well. It is already doable via midi but I think expression would be nice since it won't be global that way.

2. LFO and envelope control for semitone/octaves would also be very nice.

3. Is it possible to implement a portamento or glide feature for the oscillators? THAT would be awesome and would open a whole lot of possibilities. Especially with the sequencer.

4. I think I might have mentioned it before but I am not sure, so I am sorry if I repeat myself :oops: LFO control for the FM parameter would be rad. I am trying to get dubstebby wobble bass sounds, which rely heavily on use of LFOs and FM synthesis. Being able to apply LFO to FM would be huge! Both LFO to the value of the FM parameter as well as using the LFO as the actual source of modulation. Also, please make FM possible for the other waveforms as well.

Just some things, I think would be beneficial for further opening up possibilites of creating awesome sounds:)

rsmith601 and Gibs210 like this.
  18. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

I’ve completely forgot to try and make a whammy preset, expression over semitones would be necessary to make that happen. Man do I need to get a micro ghost so I can control c4 via midi.

Ratterbass likes this.
  19. Bryan Day

Bryan Day Member

I’m so happy to hear this is on its way. It makes the C4 so much more usable In my opinion. Thank you for making it a priority. Can’t wait.

Christian Surieux and rsmith601 like this.
  20. deepsouthshore

deepsouthshore Member

I am getting the same thing...