1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Vendor Source Audio C4 Synth Project

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rsmith601, Feb 16, 2018.

1. schizo910

schizo910 Member

20+ years in advertising and marketing.... just saying...

gibs5000 likes this.
  2. AmmoniteII

AmmoniteII Member

Well who knew (this is snarky on purpose)

Apparently I'm a snarky hippocrite whom Throws insults for disagreeing and asking for clarification :/

On a more serious note - this is a thread about the development of an as yet unreleased product, by a company known for throwing the kitchen sink into their products.

You don't like that, that's ok ... There's company's / products / design decisions / artwork et al, that I do not like either.

but someone raising challenge to a point is not where ideas / discussion / arguments die, it's where concepts adapt and evolve or fall by the wayside.

There will be many people whom don't like the work that I have done artistically or in other spheres of creativity - taste is subjective and I always accept criticism with the hope of learning, I have a saying.

Is someone says your *&£@ don't listen to them, if they say your #*&£ because .... That's when you should listen.

disagreeing with someone does not make either person right, it allows the ideas to be heard, design is a constant state of development - why did Microsoft create windows when DOS was arguably more stable and powerful, why did they Improve it .Why oh god why did they create the ribbon - simple sometimes people want simplicity, however command line still exists as does powershell Microsoft products are not marketed as being powerful, they are marketed as ones that work, but when they want to develop features they take the user base specific to the product in mind - if you are a power user you want and need to know low level features, if your an every day adverage Jo you want the ribbon.

Source audio have been refining a very similar approach, based purely on what I have read on here and elsewhere

(Private email conversations are all about how something looks not design ethos)

people found some features on the sb1/2 pedals confusing - so SA are against going those routes (multiple LEDs to indicate nested numbers was an example I remember somewhere in the nemesis forum I believe)

This is what created the idea behind the one series from what I understand - it MUST be simple out of the box - I have put this argument to you many times ...yet you have never addressed it - the units the SA put out are simple as do what they say on the tin... All of them can be used very well and to good result without ever using the app or the editor.

Arguing to nerf a product on one thread then arguing on multiple threads over multiple products for more features is bizzare (I glanced at your post history)

I welcome your discourse on the thread it's nice to see other opinions, even if I don't agree with them or ....understand why...

But I find it...amusing that you have called me hypocritical or snarky, when you took words I said... And rewrote them to serve your own purpose....

Remember the context of a conversational tone is lost in text, perhaps if you stop assuming that people don't have marketing expirince, don't know what a consumer is, have no experience selling in a guitar shop etc etc etc ... You might realise we simply disagree and it's possible we have a point.

3. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

And now back to products and features! :):aok

I just need to think of some things I have not shared yet!

4. Adamixoye

Adamixoye Member

A firm release date, hey-oooooooooooooo :)

J.Jones and HipUncle like this.
  5. MartyReasoner

MartyReasoner Member

Things that I don't like to hear more about

The arpegiator
    The amp/eg/adsr whatever your calling it
    The modular aspect, like what are the signal flows being explored
    A list of waveforms
    How the FM is being integrated

6. AmmoniteII

AmmoniteII Member

Agreed, wave form list, and demos of the arpegiator would be awesome, also please please reconsider a vid of bob with his modular synth explaining his own views and rational for the design process similar to the true spring vid with the toy mic, that was amazing :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  7. Flip362

Flip362 Member

You don’t want to hear about the arp?! That is literally one of the only things we don’t really have any info on!!

8. bigEbeer

bigEbeer Member

Yes, Arpegiator please.

9. MartyReasoner

MartyReasoner Member

For second there I thought you modified my post in the quote to mess me up. Haha. Turns out I made a typo. Strange times.

dickjonesify, schizo910 and rsmith601 like this.
  10. Flip362

Flip362 Member

I would never, unless it made an amazing joke that would benefit all...

11. Adamixoye

Adamixoye Member

The irony!

AmmoniteII likes this.
  12. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

Away for weekend with you-know-who. Need to be focused on other things until Monday!!!

baseggio and AmmoniteII like this.
  13. 4b454e

4b454e Supporting Member

Voldemort?!

Not Orange, Rob Buchert and rsmith601 like this.
  14. jquanmusic

jquanmusic Member

Did you forget to request time off with a TGP admin? I don't see this anywhere on the schedule. We're going to have to deny your request. Now back to this arpeggiator...

schizo910 and rsmith601 like this.
  15. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

Ivar the Boneless!

AmmoniteII and 4b454e like this.
  16. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher Member

Any word back on whether there will be tweakable knobs for ADSR parameters in the editor? (You said you’d have to get back to me on that as you were travelling back from NAMM when I asked.)

17. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

This was also in flux last I checked. Need to check in with Jesse and wee where we are at.

18. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher Member

I (politely) implore you to ask him to include it. If those parameters could be mapped to the hardware knobs, all the better.

19. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

Will go to bat for you!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  20. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

I am going to post some pictures of the control blocks in the first version of the editor to give more insight into how to use this thing. The Voice Editing Blocks are first: