Source Audio Collider (Delay+Reverb)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by The Holy Drinker, Sep 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Teleman76

Teleman76 Tubes-a-glowin Silver Supporting Member

@rsmith601
    I just purchased the Collider and love it. Really great sounding unit. I’ve found in the 24 hours I’ve played around with it that it’s super intuitive for the basic controls.
    My question is for the Neuro app. I downloaded on my iPhone. How does this work from my phone to the unit itself?

2. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

For nemesis yes, not on collider. Their are no extra controls for sounds that require the editor to access on collider, no remapping of control 1 and 2 like on ventris (depth, rate, and intensity on nemesis).

3. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

Use the supplied Neuro cable (1/40 to 1/8” trs cable), connect the 1/4” end into input 2, then connect the 1/8” into the phone headphone jack (Apple lightning to female 1/8” adapter if newer phone without headphone jack.)

4. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

we don’t want any additional features that would require the editor or app to access, at least not sound wise. There are a few things that require the editor, but 95% of them are set and forget global features, and not things that need to be accessed to customize the sounds. So no extra engines, no additional controls, no super advanced routing. Parallel, parallel split, and cascade were as far as we pushed that boundary.

Pax, Teleman76, Ryno1331 and 2 others like this.
  5. MojoRisin

MojoRisin Member

I got mine today and am just starting to put it through the paces. The sound quality is pretty amazing and I'm enjoying the simplicity honestly.

It took no time at all to hook it into my chain, connect to my PC and start dialing in exactly what I needed. The device itself and the software are very intuitive. As a developer myself I can appreciate that. It's nice how all the main controls fit neatly on one screen without needing to scroll.

Great work on breaking out the mix controls on the device in parallel mode. It works exactly like I would expect.

Teleman76, dmutter and diego.fresh like this.
  6. diego.fresh

diego.fresh Member

All these great reviews has me wondering if I should get one to go with my ventris and nemesis. (Half kidding)

but I do have one more spot on my hub with c4 and lunar as well. Building a new board and will leave room for a 5th SA pedal. I guess it depends on what comes down the pike in 2020!!

7. Ryno1331

Ryno1331 Supporting Member

Another noob question. What exactly is an "engine"? Say on the Collider is each setting for delay (ie analog) or reverb (spring) an individual engine?

8. Teleman76

Teleman76 Tubes-a-glowin Silver Supporting Member

Thorough. Thanks

9. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

Sorry about that. We work hard to process and act on community feedback and accommodate features and requests. When someone expresses disappointment with what we have done....while we should be grateful for the feedback.... it's not always what we want to hear. I should be gracious all the time, but it's hard. Again, my apologies.

Boba7 likes this.
  10. dmutter

dmutter Member

@rsmith601 if you guys end up having to do another update to the Collider, can we sneak in there an update to the tap tempo light so it's always flashing even after changing presets? Not a high priority, but it would be nice.

tmd likes this.
  11. Spoff

Spoff Member

Thanks for the explanation, and it makes sense with the dual mix engines, latency and price point in mind. Thank you for including the Parallel mode. Will probably be picking one up soon as it sounds great, and that's what matters.

12. KasperFauerby

KasperFauerby Member

You should open source the editor code as well as the pedal specs... many of the features I wish for in the editor I could likely implement myself, and I would love to share any work for free with the community.

13. Ryno1331

Ryno1331 Supporting Member

Nice! Did you upload them into the community files?

vrdl87 likes this.
  14. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

Jesse and I have discussed this a number of times. Customers expect identical Windows and Mac environments and consumer-grade experiences. Its not clear that a community-based tool can meet these expectations, and there is no way we can support both a community set of tools and a set of "official" tools.

Jerrod likes this.
  15. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

hendrik7, dmutter, MojoRisin and 3 others like this.
  16. scottl

scottl Member

So Mix is the engine mix, the new parallel analog dry knob is the dry level with cranked being unity. What is output level control now?

17. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

If you need to adjust output, then place the pedal in cascade mode (which now can be done by holding the control input button while moving the toggle to the lock position) adjust the output for the 2 engines using mix + control input. Then place the unit back into parallel mode. It’s a little extra work, but there just isn’t a sensible control to j the pedal that could’ve been used for analog dry level while in parallel except for the mix knob, and since in parallel users are trying to balance the signal of 3 different sources. The alternative is to use the editor to adjust the output.

18. Flip362

Flip362 Member

Yes you can, you just need to use the unlock function. Then you can use two delays or two reverbs if you wanted, or just switch the order.

vrdl87 likes this.
  19. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

if you unlock both engines (hold the control input button while moving the engine encoder in both engines to unlock all 12 selections), you can put reverb in the delay toggle position and delay in the reverb toggle position, this also means that the bypass switches will be swapped as well.

vrdl87 and Christian Surieux like this.
  20. scottl

scottl Member

I only use the editor. What does the output level control exactly do? I have the analog dry control cranked. The mix is the wet mix of each engine. Is noon unity on the output levels for each engine output? What is the purpose of the third control if you run in mono? Thanks!!