Source Audio Collider (Delay+Reverb)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by The Holy Drinker, Sep 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. scottl

scottl Member

Thanks! As I mentioned, it works fine after going to series and back to parallel.

Two more bugs (observations):

1) Parallel mode with Swell does not work. I use Swell with Shimmer on my Ventris in parallel. Sounds great. With the Collider, the Swell is always first and there is no way to get any immediate attack. The shimmer in parallel should always be on and there should be a note on the initial attack from that engine. Please check....

2) You mentioned the output levels are disabled in parallel. Not on mine. They also control volume. I think 128 or so is unity?? Please advise.

Thanks again for the help!

2. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

If this is happening on presets made before the last update I highly recommend backing up your presets on the editor and then factory resetting.

3. scottl

scottl Member

The swell issue was happening on the last firmware as well...

4. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

Probably because of the digital dry thru nature of the swell engine. Not sure how it effects the other engine in parallel, looking into it. I would still do a reset regardless to see if it addresses the other issue.

5. scottl

scottl Member

I just tried making a new patch in an empty slot and the output control is active. It also controls wet mix. Should it?

6. Sine

Sine Member

Volume drop issues on cascade mode? Solved?

7. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

Yes.

Sine likes this.
  8. Sine

Sine Member

:dude

9. tomasz_el

tomasz_el Member

Just got my Collider before the weekend and (fortunately) had free time to know the pedal, which is my first SA pedal ever.
    First impression? What a fantastic unit this is! As it was intended, great sounds and so easy to use just from the pedal. I didn't even started the whole app thing, but will definitely upload the latest firmware and see what else I can do.

Favorite engines: spring reverb and digital delay.
    I've read so many good things about SA take on the SPRING reverb sounds, and all of them were true. Not a spring guy here, my favorites are usually PLATE and HALL, but got converted thanks to that engine. Sublime.
    DIGITAL DELAY is beyond great. Normally I use other units to get those TAPE or ANALOG sounds, but couldn't find a great DIGITAL DELAY in recent multi sound units. Collider makes this a no brainer.

Looking very forward to dive deep with it, as much as I can witihin Collider and can't wait to use it in a live situation.

Next stop: True Spring pedal :D I have to have it!

10. mxk116

mxk116 Silver Supporting Member

Enjoying the Collider in my live rig. I use midi switching where possible via a Morningstar MC6. I noticed on some presets the Collider will momentarily switch to the preset associated with the program change message I’m sending, then revert to the preset it was in previously.

Not certain if the issue is with the MC6 or the Collider but this doesn’t happen with any other pedals I have connected (Strymon Mobius & Sunset, Boss EQ-200).

I will try to resolve but wondering if anyone else is using midi to switch Collider presets? Any thoughts from SA peeps?

11. skiltrip

skiltrip Member

I’m that guy, and I decided to stick with the Ventris because it’s just simply insane how good it is. I just needed to be less lazy and spend some extra minutes learning and tinkering.

12. phazersonstun

phazersonstun Member

I’m switching via midi and have not experienced what’s happening to you.

I‘m mainly using a Musicom EFX MKIII but I’ve also tried it with a Decibel 11 Switch Doctor & a Ground Control Pro.

Seems to work normally with whatever I use. Maybe some unintentional midi info is getting sent from your Morning Star?

13. mxk116

mxk116 Silver Supporting Member

Thanks phazer, agreed, perhaps some spurious info being sent from the MC6. I’m going to build some new presets in the Morningstar web editor and see how they do.

14. KoskineN

KoskineN Supporting Member

I’m using midi too, and I got some issues with it too. Do you get a lag/sound cutoff when switching between two presets? I posted some videos about this on the previous pages. I’m also having problems using some CCs with the Collider, while my other midi pedals are fine, including my Nemesis. I’m beginning to think that I might got a bad unit...

15. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

Please be in contact with us directly. Contact@sourceaudio

16. phazersonstun

phazersonstun Member

Thread always needs more pics.
    Had this board wired up but after the 1st band practice with it, the Elektron Analog Drive is gone & I needed to make some ergonomic changes to move what I’ll hit the most closer to my right foot. This layout should work.

The dual foot switch connects directly to the Collider for preset up / down.
    The single foot switch is controlling the Colliders tap tempo via midi from the Musicom. Probably gonna redrill that enclosure so the foot switch is in the middle.

[​IMG]

17. jazztastic

jazztastic Member

How do you like the Kismet? I haven't been able to find much comment on it.

18. tomasz_el

tomasz_el Member

Noice!
    Hey, You mean that dual switch from Saturnworks is for the Collider? Can I find it on their Reverb shop?
    Just looking for one, to use with mine and from somebody who ships to EU ;) and they do ship here.

19. dmutter

dmutter Member

Here is another one to check out. Great guy, great quality.

https://www.analogendeavors.com/product/aux2-controller

tomasz_el likes this.
  20. tomasz_el

tomasz_el Member

Already was pumped with that one, but no shipping to Poland, unfortunately.

dmutter likes this.