• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Source Audio Collider (Delay+Reverb)

Jack Dotson

Silver Supporting Member
Just picked up the Collider and need some help.

1. Tap tempo. I reset the pedal to the default settings per the manual. I have guitar to input 1 and output 1 to amp. I can turn the delay off and on, but cannot get it into a tap mode. I've tried tapping a few times with it off, turned the delay on and tapped a few times (softly), and nothing happens. Got it to blink one time, but could not change the speed. Is there something I need to toggle?

2. Issue using delay and reverb simultaneously. If I turn both effects on (reverb/delay), toggle to delay, make my settings, then toggle to Reverb and make my settings, should the delay settings be saved? And vice versa. It seems that when I toggle to the opposite effect I'm only getting a wet sound. However, when I switch to a different type on the selected mode, full sound and adjust-ability are restored. However, the issue has now shifted to the opposite effect mode and if I toggle back it's a repeat. It almost seems like the previously selected/adjusted mode is also affected by the setting changes of the new mode selection.

Is there a sequence or process I need to follow? i.e. make selections and adjustments to one mode, turn off that effect, toggle to the next mode, make adjustments, go to lock and turn on the other mode. Or something to this effect. What am I missing? Seems like I've tried every combination and the issue persist. Again, either mode used alone I have no problem.

This is driving me crazy. Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks

rsmith601

Vendor
Just picked up the Collider and need some help.

1. Tap tempo. I reset the pedal to the default settings per the manual. I have guitar to input 1 and output 1 to amp. I can turn the delay off and on, but cannot get it into a tap mode. I've tried tapping a few times with it off, turned the delay on and tapped a few times (softly), and nothing happens. Got it to blink one time, but could not change the speed. Is there something I need to toggle?

2. Issue using delay and reverb simultaneously. If I turn both effects on (reverb/delay), toggle to delay, make my settings, then toggle to Reverb and make my settings, should the delay settings be saved? And vice versa. It seems that when I toggle to the opposite effect I'm only getting a wet sound. However, when I switch to a different type on the selected mode, full sound and adjust-ability are restored. However, the issue has now shifted to the opposite effect mode and if I toggle back it's a repeat. It almost seems like the previously selected/adjusted mode is also affected by the setting changes of the new mode selection.

Is there a sequence or process I need to follow? i.e. make selections and adjustments to one mode, turn off that effect, toggle to the next mode, make adjustments, go to lock and turn on the other mode. Or something to this effect. What am I missing? Seems like I've tried every combination and the issue persist. Again, either mode used alone I have no problem.

This is driving me crazy. Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks
@Gibs210 can help! By the way, is this a new pedal or used?

earwax

Got it, thx - disappointing but it makes sense (otherwise there would be no point in owning a Nemesis or Ventris).
maybe when the super collider comes out you can pay more to have all the algorithms? Plus who doesn’t want to own a pedal called the “super collider?”

Buck Woodson

Silver Supporting Member
I'm reasonably sure this will be my next pedal.

Question regarding using 2 delays (or reverbs) at the same time. Can they both be the same type/algorithm? For example 2 delays both analog set to different delay times.

TXD

I recently bought this pedal new and am loving it. However, I have started having the same issue as Jack Dotson where the dry signal drops out. It seems to have only become an issue since I updated the firmware to the latest version.

Gibs210

I recently bought this pedal new and am loving it. However, I have started having the same issue as Jack Dotson where the dry signal drops out. It seems to have only become an issue since I updated the firmware to the latest version.
Have you tried a factory reset?

TXD

Have you tried a factory reset?
Just did the factory reset and the issue is still there. If I engage either delay or reverb there is no dry signal. But if I unlock either side and adjust the mix, then the dry signal returns.

Gibs210

Just did the factory reset and the issue is still there. If I engage either delay or reverb there is no dry signal. But if I unlock either side and adjust the mix, then the dry signal returns.
Try adjusting the alt mix function, almost sounds like you’ve turned down the analog dry level.

Reactions: TXD

TXD

Turning the pedal off after the factory reset and turning it back on seems to have fixed it. May have been that I had inadvertently adjusted the alt mix function. All sorted now, thanks!

radiophonic

I just bought one. A bit reckless. I'm a huge fan of the Manta and I needed reverb, fewer delay engines, proper cascading and a smaller footprint than my DD500 offered. Not knocking the DD500 - it's a lot for the money - but the Collider is next level, and honestly Tera echo has limited use on a bass, even the way I play it. The footprint is such a win. Having a few MIDI issues as expected with a new pedal, but that's normal. Lockdown recording at the weekend, so we'll see...

Trending Topics