Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Elantric, Jan 13, 2020.
what is different about this pedal to allow for that?
The USB hardware and software on the EQ2 is different than the other One Series.
I am not sure this is set in stone. What's useful?
@RSmith given this has stereo ins/outs and the ability to run an EQ on each output could this be used with one EQ before an amp and another in the amp's loop?
Oh man, this would be the COOLEST.
1) sweepable (mid) boost, i.e. a more flexible tubescreamer where you can account for the venue / volume on the fly
2) adjustable mid scoop, important for metal, in which case your only other option would be to go over to the amp and turn the mids knob
3) low pass filter, and not just a low shelf if you can control bands simultaneously, i.e. you could set the range to be 100-0 for the lowest band, 100-25 for the next band, then 100-50, etc.
4) high pass filter, see above
5) expression pedal becomes a volume pedal with built-in "treble bleed," i.e. sweep non-treble bands 100-0, but treble bands sweep 100-50 (you get the idea)
6) use in conjunction with reverb pedals, i.e. many reverbs have expression control to bring in large amounts of reverb, but the dry signal remains unaffected, which is not realistic. ideally you'd be able to EQ out high frequencies (and some lows) simultaneously
that's all i can think of right now
Ground loops are a potential concern, but in theory yes. It kind of out of our control.
I never imaged I wanted all that out of a eq pedal. But now I totally do.
Huge +1 for expression control of individual bands and/or multiple bands at once.
This would allow you to use a preset to reduce the bass on a dirt pedal and then use the expression pedal to morph the same preset into a mid boost (with additional overall level) for solos.
So expression control would give us corrective eq and enhancive eq in the same preset.
This is great stuff. I am reviewing with Jesse! Thanks.
Doable. The LEDs would show this.
You guys are mad scientists.
I get that to a degree, but wasn’t Gilmour super picky about his tone?
Yes and Eric Johnson too. Two legendary players with fantastic tone.
Another +1 for the expression controls with one other request that would be HUGE for me.
Could there be a sort of “always on mode” where the pedal is engaged by default and the bypass button now works to toggle between two presets? This way you could set it up to be used as an always on volume pedal/buffer/potential tone sweetener and then hit the switch for when you wanted to use it as a boost and/or new EQ setting.
To me, This would be such an awesome feature and allow people to consolidate a few single purpose things into just this one pedal.
I’d knock your door down to buy this if it could work that way.
Cool, can't wait when this will be available to the market. The version 1 PEQ is very useful that I am thinking of getting a 2nd one, which I will do still.
Since this might be at least 6 months to a year before it arrive to my country upon release in the States. Keep up with the madness, SA team go.
^^^ This is a great idea. Would be amazing if the toggling between the two presets could also be momentary: press=preset A and release=preset B
That is a very cool idea! Noted.
Can i afford this?
Your statement is illogical. A difference that makes no difference is not a difference.
Fair enough. I’m already sold anyway, I’ll go see it at your Booth at NAMM today