• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Source Audio - EQ2 Programmable Equalizer

rsmith601

Vendor
I've had the privilege of being one of the beta testers this pedal. It is easily going to set the new standard for guitar EQ pedals. The size, feature set, and range of uses are all in another league. And if you're a MIDI user, you're going to be very, very happy.

I've taken to running it both before and after my MS-3 using the 2 splittable channels. Makes such a difference where in your chain the EQ is placed. This way, I don't have to choose.

Source Audio crushed it with this pedal :banana
Thanks for the help!!

Byknfool

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, full Neuro support is our plan. NOTE!!! You can connect a phone directly with the EQ and get bidirectional control over USB!!! (unlike our previous One Series pedals)
Can the other one series pedals be updated to do this or is it a new hardware in this one?

Brooklynhero

I currently use a Kingmaker as a parametric EQ and boost. It looks like the EQ2 will cover the parametric eq part of the kingmaker BUT can it cover the boost especially when compared to a Kingmaker setting that has both channels cascading, clean engines, with gain and level maxed?

basically which pedal outputs more dbv in level?

Gibs210

Just answered in the boss thread:

4 PC messages for preset, plus one PC message for bypass. The new one will have 128, up to eight easily accessible from the pedal itself, we are considering allowing for access for the rest from the pedal, given the display lends itself to making this easier to see than on other one series pedals with just LED lights for each preset. Some other neat tricks in there as well.

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
I’m also a tester, and I can confirm this pedal is so beyond hype that I probably need 2 of them because they’re so killer.

I’ve been using it most often as the last pedal (tweakable solo boost) in a stereo chain post-IR (using my PT15 as the gain/amp/IR all in one). The problem of how to do a “solo boost” at the end of a stereo rig has always been a big problem for me. Most of the solutions involve toggling two midi loops in parallel with mono pedals in the loops. The EQ2 perfectly solves that problem. One thing I haven’t checked but need to is what sorts of sum to mono features are present. If it had that, it might be the ultimate last pedal in a stereo chain.

It’s also been killing it for me live to tape (remote for church) and on a worship record as the first pedal in my chain. I’m using like 6 different guitars on this record and routinely live- with the EQ2 I can have presets for all the different pickups combinations and make subtle tweaks quickly that allows each guitar’s distinctiveness come through clearly and perfectly without app adjustments (unless I want more gain or something).

It’s so killer. I’m hoping to dig into some of the boost mode and external tap features with the EQ2 this week.

denkst

I have one on order. Am using an Atomic Amplifire (3 button) and am considering an additional one to either place in the Amplifire effects loop or post-Amplifire to recording interface or to FRFR(s). This could solve quite a few problems and improve my overall tone. Sticking to one for now.

NamaEnsou

• Tuner is in there!
  • You can get access to all 128 presets without MIDI. :)
  • Hope to have the manual up soon.
Yeah! :D

Thanks for putting in the extra work to get the tuner in there, but now I'm really curious how to access 128 presets from the pedal by itself and would love to see a short of video of it in action now. Any chance of that, a video?

Gibs210

Yeah! :D

Thanks for putting in the extra work to get the tuner in there, but now I'm really curious how to access 128 presets from the pedal by itself and would love to see a short of video of it in action now. Any chance of that, a video?
I might be able to tonight or tomorrow

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
Great news on the tuner! :aok

Edit: How is the tuner engaged? Long press on the footswitch..?

Last edited:

jhumber

Following this with interest, have been looking for an EQ pedal for a couple of months but holding off since I saw this announced.

What is the accuracy of the tuner?

Trending Topics