Source Audio Nemesis Delay

Gibs210

Well I tried a dual foot switch pedal with a stereo 1/4" and adapted it to 1/8 and nothing happens
That's because the single footswitch is different from a standard dual TRS switch, the tip goes to one switch and the run to another. If you look at the source audio tap tempo switch manual they give you the instructions to basically build your own, and it's not as simple as connecting a couple wires to the footswitch lugs, there's some resistors and capacitors in there in series and parallel connections, so more to it than a standard switch.

Edi: you also need to activate it in the app, haven't messed with the editor yet, but I believe there's a way to do it in there. Ask @thesleeve how it works with the distortions, I've done it with the modulators and my own DIY switch box and it works.

LeighJS

As noted before, this is a nice idea and on the future wish list.....but it is not an easy one for us. Note that you can select tap 2's time division in stereo modes by pressing and holding the control button while turning the time knob. There are 4 time divisions supported this way. It is in the manual under the time knob section. This does work when synced to external midi clock.
Roger, all understood! Thanks again for making such an awesome pedal :)

rsmith601

Vendor
Totally off topic but, @rsmith601 do you guys have a estimated price on the soleman? The more I'm planning on an almost completely SA board, the more I think the soleman would work better than maybe a dmc3 from disaster area. You guys (and matt) maybe hearing from me about advice on making everything work, I'm a MIDIot!
$219 or $249. That range.

shack

That's because the single footswitch is different from a standard dual TRS switch, the tip goes to one switch and the run to another. If you look at the source audio tap tempo switch manual they give you the instructions to basically build your own, and it's not as simple as connecting a couple wires to the footswitch lugs, there's some resistors and capacitors in there in series and parallel connections, so more to it than a standard switch.

Edi: you also need to activate it in the app, haven't messed with the editor yet, but I believe there's a way to do it in there. Ask @thesleeve how it works with the distortions, I've done it with the modulators and my own DIY switch box and it works.
Yeah looks like I need to make one or buy the tap tempo SA switch, Im a little upset at the Gemini right now, got a deal(pro guitar shop)on it but also bought the dual expression pedal and its not keeping the settings for the expression pedal

thesooze

Supporting Member
I'll post this here, also, because all the delay is from the Nemesis! ;)

--------

Demo #1 of the SA L.A. Lady is complete. This is a quick song, but features 12 different engines, on guitar and on bass! Hope it's a good start to all this! Very VERY pleased with the sounds I'm getting from the LA Lady and the software.

Each section is marked. If they're not showing up, try going to the SoundCloud page itself.

NHBluesMan

I'll post this here, also, because all the delay is from the Nemesis! ;)

--------

Demo #1 of the SA L.A. Lady is complete. This is a quick song, but features 12 different engines, on guitar and on bass! Hope it's a good start to all this! Very VERY pleased with the sounds I'm getting from the LA Lady and the software.

Each section is marked. If they're not showing up, try going to the SoundCloud page itself.

dang! I wasn't even interested in the SA dirt pedals, but this demo sounds KILLER!

NHBluesMan

@rsmith601 @thesleeve not sure if this is appropriate here or if it'd be better in the SA Dirt thread...

wondering how your OD/Distortion/Fuzz circuits do when stacked with analog circuits? I love the idea of grabbing one for those 'i like this tone but rarely use it' sounds, but i love stacking dirt and would want to make sure they play nicely together. Any input on this?

rsmith601

Vendor
@rsmith601 @thesleeve not sure if this is appropriate here or if it'd be better in the SA Dirt thread...

wondering how your OD/Distortion/Fuzz circuits do when stacked with analog circuits? I love the idea of grabbing one for those 'i like this tone but rarely use it' sounds, but i love stacking dirt and would want to make sure they play nicely together. Any input on this?
It is the collective opinion of the Source Audio effects engineering team that it does not matter if a one is stacking a Source Audio digital dirt pedal with another Source Audio digital dirt pedal or an analog dirt pedal.

It goes without saying that we do not recommend stacking a non-Source Audio digital dirt pedal with anything! :hide

NHBluesMan

It goes without saying that we do not recommend stacking a non-Source Audio digital dirt pedal with anything! :hide
hahaha, understandable. I've been very skeptical of digital dirt, although i found some fun sounds in my old M9, I could never make it my 'all the time' drive sounds. The Source Audio stuff could be a nice supplement to the rest of my drive pedals though!

thesooze

Supporting Member
hahaha, understandable. I've been very skeptical of digital dirt, although i found some fun sounds in my old M9, I could never make it my 'all the time' drive sounds. The Source Audio stuff could be a nice supplement to the rest of my drive pedals though!
This is kind of where I'm at, currently. Can't see myself selling all my analog stuff for all digital. But it's WAY better sounding than my M9 drives. Like, I actually enjoy using it LOL.

To have my favorite analog drives for tried and true stuff with the LA LADY for an array of other stuff though? Killer.

Gibs210

It is the collective opinion of the Source Audio effects engineering team that it does not matter if a one is stacking a Source Audio digital dirt pedal with another Source Audio digital dirt pedal or an analog dirt pedal.

I was in the same boat at first blues, as another loyal visual sound/truetone guy, I wasn't even looking at these, but given SA reputation wih the OFD, and how impressed I was with the one series tourbox, I knew SA would be able to make a great digital distortion pedal.

I'm impressed with the sounds, to me nothing has digital tone to it, very analog sounding, I haven't been able to hear any digital artifacts in the pedal. The smooth engine is my favorite so far, kinda Mesa like tone. Add to it, that you have access to 2 independent drives in a single sized pedal, with the ability to hook up an xterm so switch to control the second channel, makes these unbelievably versatile.

I've stacked my v2 j&h with it, and it will pair well, using the drive channel on the j&h and pairing it with the LA and the distortion from the right side of the j&h independantly, I had a hard time tellin by ear which was which! It is looking very likely, that I will be replacing the j&h with one these babies, it's really good.

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Silver Supporting Member
This is kind of where I'm at, currently. Can't see myself selling all my analog stuff for all digital. But it's WAY better sounding than my M9 drives. Like, I actually enjoy using it LOL.

To have my favorite analog drives for tried and true stuff with the LA LADY for an array of other stuff though? Killer.
Same here. I don't have much experience with digital dirt, I've never tried an AxeFX or other digital stuff in that vein , but the SA has definitely exceeded my expectations as a digital dirt skeptic. They sound really good but it's the extreme versatility that really set's it apart. The insane amount of routing options, vast array of sounds, midi scenes when used with the hub, the app... I can see it being invaluable to guys who do fill-ins or a wide range of covers. It seems at the very least it's something everyone should have in their bag in between their spare cable and duct tape. "Oh yeah, I can get that sound... just let me grab my secret weapon!"

PS: Secret Weapon would have been a way better name than LA Lady ;)

4b454e

Gold Supporting Member
Same here. I don't have much experience with digital dirt, I've never tried an AxeFX or other digital stuff in that vein , but the SA has definitely exceeded my expectations as a digital dirt skeptic. They sound really good but it's the extreme versatility that really set's it apart. The insane amount of routing options, vast array of sounds, midi scenes when used with the hub, the app... I can see it being invaluable to guys who do fill-ins or a wide range of covers. It seems at the very least it's something everyone should have in their bag in between their spare cable and duct tape. "Oh yeah, I can get that sound... just let me grab my secret weapon!"

PS: Secret Weapon would have been a way better name than LA Lady ;)
I don't know, I'd love to have a chance to say, "Oh, yeah, I can get that sound...just let me grab my Lady!"

Oldbramwell

Updating the app to support all the 1.4 (sic) stuff is after that. 4 weeks perhaps.
Hi, @rsmith601. Presumably you meant 'all the 1.14 stuff'? Please can you clarify which parts of the new 1.14 revision can or can't be utilised while we're waiting for the app to catch up...? For example, I believe setting up a simple 1/8s beat division will still require the 'Tap 2' workaround in the short term. Presumably the 50/50 mix can't be moved from 2pm to Noon or vice versa? Kill dry in trails mode?

Thanks again.

starfish

I'm planning to purchase a Nemesis in the near future.

Regarding firmware enhancements, would it be possible in a future update to allow the user to have access to all 24 delay types without using the Neuro app, perhaps by holding the control input button and turning the engine selector? At that point the led is blinking instead of solidly lit to indicate the second level is active, just like an overwritten engine would be indicated, as described earlier in the thread?

Perhaps by default, the extended delay engines 12-23 would just overlay the default delay engines 0-11, but in the Neuro app the user could freely assign the 24 engines anywhere on the selector? I think many would logically stack analog/resonant analog, helix/double helix, etc. I would just like a quick and easy way to jump into any of the 24 engines from the pedal interface itself.

I'm drawn to the Nemesis largely due to the simplicity of having the controls on the pedal without an lcd or menu diving. IMO, adding all engines to the pedal interface would be fantastic! Source Audio, your vision for a simple pedal interface, yet with deep features and sounds, is impressive.

Gibs210

I'm planning to purchase a Nemesis in the near future.

Regarding firmware enhancements, would it be possible in a future update to allow the user to have access to all 24 delay types without using the Neuro app, perhaps by holding the control input button and turning the engine selector? At that point the led is blinking instead of solidly lit to indicate the second level is active, just like an overwritten engine would be indicated, as described earlier in the thread?

Perhaps by default, the extended delay engines 12-23 would just overlay the default delay engines 0-11, but in the Neuro app the user could freely assign the 24 engines anywhere on the selector? I think many would logically stack analog/resonant analog, helix/double helix, etc. I would just like a quick and easy way to jump into any of the 24 engines from the pedal interface itself.

I'm drawn to the Nemesis largely due to the simplicity of having the controls on the pedal without an lcd or menu diving. IMO, adding all engines to the pedal interface would be fantastic! Source Audio, your vision for a simple pedal interface, yet with deep features and sounds, is impressive.
Its been talked about, but ultimately shot down because SA has plans to add additional engines, which would be very difficult to implement a selection method on the surface for those additional engines.