• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Source Audio Nemesis Delay

dickjonesify

Silver Supporting Member
Follow up on my initial impression of the Nemesis. Day 3 now. Performed a factory reset since I bought it used, updated the firmware to 1.17 again, and changed the mix setting to the alternate El Cap range. Not sure what happened, but it sounds MUCH better today! It's probably going to be a keeper on my Nano board, but the ability to increment and decrement presets on the pedal would make it irreplaceable!

Man. A 1590A would do it but wow, space is certainly limited haha.
Build a little riser that bridges over the top half of the Nemesis

dickjonesify

Silver Supporting Member
Follow up on my initial impression of the Nemesis. Day 3 now. Performed a factory reset since I bought it used, updated the firmware to 1.17 again, and changed the mix setting to the alternate El Cap range. Not sure what happened, but it sounds MUCH better today! It's probably going to be a keeper on my Nano board, but the ability to increment and decrement presets on the pedal would make it irreplaceable!

After looking at your board again, you could totally fit a 1590a 2-button aux switch on the Flux or Full Drive :D
It's a little silly...but just a little.

Glad you're giving it a fair shake. Play with the app. It's a lot of fun. Lots of sounds to be had. Once you store your 12 favorite engines and 8 preset slots you can put the app away for a while and just have fun.

Michael_V

Silver Supporting Member
After looking at your board again, you could totally fit a 1590a 2-button aux switch on the Flux or Full Drive :D
It's a little silly...but just a little.

Glad you're giving it a fair shake. Play with the app. It's a lot of fun. Lots of sounds to be had. Once you store your 12 favorite engines and 8 preset slots you can put the app away for a while and just have fun.
I *could* put one on the floor in front of the board. I've done that with Strymon favorite switches in the past. But it doesn't seem impossible that Source Audio will be the first ones to get this preset thing right as a self-contained solution given their demonstrated willingness to update the functionality of the pedal. It actually kind of hurts to look at those two perfectly good buttons on the Nemesis and know I can't use them to go up and down through presets.

Tap left button: on and off. Hold left button: decrement presets. Tap right button: tap tempo. Hold right button: increment presets.

Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Sean413

I thought a about making takeing c channel And mounting switches to that then cut a thin sheet of metal and bolting the c channel to the peice, cap the ends to make a ghetto version of that h9 ox9 aux switch haha

dickjonesify

Silver Supporting Member
I thought a about making takeing c channel And mounting switches to that then cut a thin sheet of metal and bolting the c channel to the peice, cap the ends to make a ghetto version of that h9 ox9 aux switch haha
I've made nice ones but when I made my current one, I needed to use it same day so I found a crummy switch locally and cut off an inch wide piece of aluminum rectangle tubing and painted it black.
From a couple feet away, no one noticed haha

TE-11

Just updated the firmware of my nemesis from 1.14 to 1.17, played through it. Man, the Nemesis sounds really good! I like the new updater too.

deadlands

I've updated the firmware. Do we have to wait for the Neuro app update to access the echorec engines, or is there another way to get to them?

Thanks!
You load it from the firmware updater application. It's called "engine test". Just load up the drum Echo and save it to a preset or burn it to the engine selector.

lv

Silver Supporting Member

Glad you're digging it Michael!

JV Esmeria

Hey guys,

Can the switch input be used as a bank selector? I sold my DD500 and ordered Nemesis. I'd like to tweak things on the fly and not really rely on presets but just wondering if that is an option. Thanks in advance!

dickjonesify

Silver Supporting Member
Hey guys,

Can the switch input be used as a bank selector? I sold my DD500 and ordered Nemesis. I'd like to tweak things on the fly and not really rely on presets but just wondering if that is an option. Thanks in advance!
Yes. With a small two button foot switch or something like a Boss FS-6, you can do preset up and preset down.

Chance

Updated my Nemesis yesterday and everything works perfectly! Extremely excited to be able to do bank up/down without midi.

Funky Monkey

Gold Supporting Member
Is there a general parts list and some build tips for a homemade external two-button switch that'll work for the new increment up/down capability?

I've gathered (but correct me if I'm wrong):
2 momentary, normally open footswitches
1/4" TRS jack, one switch will be wired sleeve/tip, the other will be wired sleeve/ring
All will fit into a 1590a enclosure

I made something long ago to scroll through presets of a couple of my old Boss 1/2 rack effects but have no clue how I knew what to order and how I managed to wire it all up successfully. Probably a lot of trial-and-error that I'm hoping to avoid by asking this here. :D

Thanks!

dickjonesify

Silver Supporting Member
Is there a general parts list and some build tips for a homemade external two-button switch that'll work for the new increment up/down capability?

I've gathered (but correct me if I'm wrong):
2 momentary, normally open footswitches
1/4" TRS jack, one switch will be wired sleeve/tip, the other will be wired sleeve/ring
All will fit into a 1590a enclosure

I made something long ago to scroll through presets of a couple of my old Boss 1/2 rack effects but have no clue how I knew what to order and how I managed to wire it all up successfully. Probably a lot of trial-and-error that I'm hoping to avoid by asking this here. :D

Thanks!
Nailed it. It's easy peasy ;)
Same as this but Normally open switches.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...s-and-solutions.1614316/page-25#post-21105577

Last edited:

miklet

Im looking at picking up a dual trs switch for patch inc / dec. I see LoopMaster makes one that's nice and small. Does anyone know if it should be the open or closed version.... Or does it even matter.
Same question here. For exemple, can this work for external tap tempo or patch inc/dec, etc. ?
Thanks!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom