Source Audio Nemesis Delay

armesto

No more changes to Nemesis for a bit, other than the Desktop Editor......which will hopefully be really cool!
Just one week with my new Nemesis Delay and I'm really impressed with the sound and editing capabilities, really a great product. Only frustration is, in Android App, can't load user patches. When I go to user, app reinitializes. My phone has Android 4.4. Is there any chance to fox this?

jp_slwrn

So let's start with the AfterShock question. It is possible to save a non-toggle switch preset in a disengaged state within a Hub scene. All you would need to do is dial in the preset you want for the AfterShock in the Hub Manager, set ON/OFF Status button to Disengage, then save the Scene. Should work fine.

Regarding the Nemesis issue, I've done some further research and it turns out that Trails Mode doesn't work when you send the Nemesis a PC message for a preset in which the Nemesis is bypassed. Unfortunately, Jesse is out of the office this week, so I can't double check with him, but I'm fairly certain it's not possible. Now it is possible to send the Nemesis MIDI CC # 38 with a value less than 63 (that will only disengage the pedal), but it requires a semi-powerful MIDI controller like our Soleman MIDI Controller. All that said, I will add this Trails Mode issue to the list of issues we may want to tackle in future updates, so thanks for drawing our attention to this quirk.
I'll propably end up getting the soleman eventually. I'll have to do some testing with the Aftershock. Does that work in both preset and the "green mode"?

Can't say it enough: the Nemesis is the single most inspiring pedal I've owned. So many great sounds and works extremely well with bass. We've basically written two of our newest song based on stuff that stemmed from me messing around with the Nemesis at home. :)

rsmith601

Vendor
Just one week with my new Nemesis Delay and I'm really impressed with the sound and editing capabilities, really a great product. Only frustration is, in Android App, can't load user patches. When I go to user, app reinitializes. My phone has Android 4.4. Is there any chance to fox this?
4.4 is a very old version of Android. For comparison, I am using 7.0. Google is a huge company with thousands of software engineers. They do not support anything earlier than 6.0. It is impossible for us to support things before 6.0 at this point. I have heard that some 5.x versions work fine, but earlier is high risk. Sorry!

armesto

4.4 is a very old version of Android. For comparison, I am using 7.0. Google is a huge company with thousands of software engineers. They do not support anything earlier than 6.0. It is impossible for us to support things before 6.0 at this point. I have heard that some 5.x versions work fine, but earlier is high risk. Sorry!
Thank you!! It´s seems that I need to upgrade my cellphone...:jo

rawkguitarist

Guys, Nemesis newb here. Sorry, but my search in this thread doesn't help me find this.

*How can you make the wow and flutter on the tape models more random and kinda glitchy like the Echopark?* I'm sure this has been covered, but I can't find it. Feel free to point me to the thread page.

Thanks

Gibs210

Guys, Nemesis newb here. Sorry, but my search in this thread doesn't help me find this.

*How can you make the wow and flutter on the tape models more random and kinda glitchy like the Echopark?* I'm sure this has been covered, but I can't find it. Feel free to point me to the thread page.

Thanks
Resident echo park preset creator here, I've got a few presets based on the EP on the neuro community, but the nemesis just can't quite replicate that chirpy glitches out response. Matching delay voicings the nemesis is really good at, but matching modulation of other pedals is a fairly difficult task it seems given the huge variances in modulation behavior from one pedal to another. That said, @rsmith601 i officially offer up my echo park if you guys thought it would be worth attempting to replicate this behavior in the nemesis.

rsmith601

Vendor
Resident echo park preset creator here, I've got a few presets based on the EP on the neuro community, but the nemesis just can't quite replicate that chirpy glitches out response. Matching delay voicings the nemesis is really good at, but matching modulation of other pedals is a fairly difficult task it seems given the huge variances in modulation behavior from one pedal to another. That said, @rsmith601 i officially offer up my echo park if you guys thought it would be worth attempting to replicate this behavior in the nemesis.
This might be a project for the future, to add this sort of engine to Nemesis. Not something we can do until Ventris and the Desktop Editor is done.

rsmith601

Vendor
By the way, we are seeing a distinct surge in Nemesis demand from new users. Feb 2017 shipments will exceed Feb. 2016, which was right after the release and all the hype. Very exciting for us.
Old users: Thank you for giving us a chance and helping us to make great refinements to Nemesis over the last 12 months!!
New users: Welcome! Hope you like it!!
Reflection period is over. Now back to work.

starfish

I guess this has been a long time coming... I've finally joined the Nemesis club. I have been a bit of a delay junkie throughout my history here at TGP, typically an early adopter too, especially a long while back with the Timefactor and Timeline. I had among the first units to hit the streets from those two brands. But this time I waited a bit to see how the feature set has come along. Nemesis reached a tipping point for me, especially because of all the great preset demos many of you have been sharing via Soundcloud and Youtube, but also the steady stream of new features and tweaks.

I have not yet dived into Neuro. The pedal itself is keeping me preoccupied with many choices and sounds. I am also in the 'must upgrade my iPhone OS' boat. I was holding out because of still running Snow Leopard on my Mac Pros and Macbook Pro. I finally upgraded one of them to Sierra so the phone is next.

I posted a request much earlier in this thread, and it is one I would still urge SA to reconsider. It would be a great option to have a hidden button press that would allow access to the other engines without requiring Neuro. There is some practical time-saving benefit to this while tweaking in rehearsal or recording. But it would also help with the longer-term fear of "bitrot." I have similar concern with the H9 Max, though it seems most options are available via the pedal interface. Having a couple pedals that are pushing 30 and 40 years old and many over 10 years old, it seems likely there will come a time when there will be no phone app. I hate to think of quality gear as being disposable, even if some of us are fickle and ride the delay merry-go-round.

I spent some quality time comparing the Timeline to Nemesis yesterday. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to discuss, so maybe I'll read through the Timeline/Nemesis thread first before jumping in.

Safe to say, there are many things that are impressive about Nemesis. Today is the first time in 10 years that I have not had an analog delay on my board. Timeline could not do that. What more can I say? :)

dickjonesify

I guess this has been a long time coming... I've finally joined the Nemesis club. I have been a bit of a delay junkie throughout my history here at TGP, typically an early adopter too, especially a long while back with the Timefactor and Timeline. I had among the first units to hit the streets from those two brands. But this time I waited a bit to see how the feature set has come along. Nemesis reached a tipping point for me, especially because of all the great preset demos many of you have been sharing via Soundcloud and Youtube, but also the steady stream of new features and tweaks.

I have not yet dived into Neuro. The pedal itself is keeping me preoccupied with many choices and sounds. I am also in the 'must upgrade my iPhone OS' boat. I was holding out because of still running Snow Leopard on my Mac Pros and Macbook Pro. I finally upgraded one of them to Sierra so the phone is next.

I posted a request much earlier in this thread, and it is one I would still urge SA to reconsider. It would be a great option to have a hidden button press that would allow access to the other engines without requiring Neuro. There is some practical time-saving benefit to this while tweaking in rehearsal or recording. But it would also help with the longer-term fear of "bitrot." I have similar concern with the H9 Max, though it seems most options are available via the pedal interface. Having a couple pedals that are pushing 30 and 40 years old and many over 10 years old, it seems likely there will come a time when there will be no phone app. I hate to think of quality gear as being disposable, even if some of us are fickle and ride the delay merry-go-round.

I spent some quality time comparing the Timeline to Nemesis yesterday. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to discuss, so maybe I'll read through the Timeline/Nemesis thread first before jumping in.

Safe to say, there are many things that are impressive about Nemesis. Today is the first time in 10 years that I have not had an analog delay on my board. Timeline could not do that. What more can I say? :)
Boom!

starfish

By the way, we are seeing a distinct surge in Nemesis demand from new users. Feb 2017 shipments will exceed Feb. 2016, which was right after the release and all the hype. Very exciting for us.
Old users: Thank you for giving us a chance and helping us to make great refinements to Nemesis over the last 12 months!!
New users: Welcome! Hope you like it!!
Reflection period is over. Now back to work.
The demand has been visible to customers too. I had to wait nearly two months because my preferred vendor was always out of stock, right after restocking.

Last edited:

starfish

Some thoughts on the Tape engine... I could pretty much live just with that and be happy for quite some time. It is also really excellent that there is a second tape engine in Noise Tape. Being a Nemesis newb, and intimidated by 458+ pages, could anyone tell me if there is a way to get a Roland Space Echo type multitap in either Tape or Noise Tape when using the pedal in mono? If so, has anyone tried to replicate the modes of the Space Echo (sans reverb of course)?

One other quick question - was a USB cable supposed to come with the pedal?

dickjonesify

Some thoughts on the Tape engine... I could pretty much live just with that and be happy for quite some time. It is also really excellent that there is a second tape engine in Noise Tape. Being a Nemesis newb, and intimidated by 458+ pages, could anyone tell me if there is a way to get a Roland Space Echo type multitap in either Tape or Noise Tape when using the pedal in mono? If so, has anyone tried to replicate the modes of the Space Echo (sans reverb of course)?

One other quick question - was a USB cable supposed to come with the pedal?
The Noise Tape engine is based off the Space Echo. If you want multiple taps in mono, you need to get the app out and choose "Sum L+R"

No USB cable. Just the Neuro cable.