• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Source Audio Nemesis Delay

Truce11

You can hold down bypass switch to turn off + buffer off, and Tap bypass to turn off + buffer on. In bedroom you can even hear the relay(?) click. Nonetheless, the LEDs turn off with buffer off. Not sure if I did something to set it up this way, but I'm sure folks here can help as I forgot.

Prob most used thing I do even though I don't have buffer issues. So nice to have immediate option to do it for comparing and crafting tones.

huutevar

Just picked up one of these this weekend and was able to make several useful presets right off the bat. The one I made for lead tones sits better than any delay I have used before for this purpose. I was initially surprised that the Resonant Analog wasn't more crunchy and that the Distortion slider in the app has minimal, if any, affect but was able to fake some crunchiness by setting the Wow Modulation Noise in just the right place. I like that the Nemesis has a lot of character to the sounds and is very versatile and useful.

One thing I wish it was able to do is to have options for the way the two footswitches work, the way the Eventide H9 does. The option I have enabled on my H9 is that the left footswitch engages and bypasses the effect and the right footswitch scrolls presets regardless of whether the effect is active or bypassed. The preset doesn't actually change until the left footswitch is pressed. This makes it possible to have a preset engaged and scroll up to prepare to switch presets, then make the switch by pressing the left footswitch. I know you can hold the right button to scroll up but my foot obscures the preset lights, so I can't tell easily when it changes. Also, it seems you can only scroll presets on the Nemesis when the effect is bypassed, which makes it impossible to prepare a different preset for activation while a preset is currently on. As versatile as the Nemesis is, I think having footswitch options would make it even better.

Gibs210

Just picked up one of these this weekend and was able to make several useful presets right off the bat. The one I made for lead tones sits better than any delay I have used before for this purpose. I was initially surprised that the Resonant Analog wasn't more crunchy and that the Distortion slider in the app has minimal, if any, affect but was able to fake some crunchiness by setting the Wow Modulation Noise in just the right place. I like that the Nemesis has a lot of character to the sounds and is very versatile and useful.

One thing I wish it was able to do is to have options for the way the two footswitches work, the way the Eventide H9 does. The option I have enabled on my H9 is that the left footswitch engages and bypasses the effect and the right footswitch scrolls presets regardless of whether the effect is active or bypassed. The preset doesn't actually change until the left footswitch is pressed. This makes it possible to have a preset engaged and scroll up to prepare to switch presets, then make the switch by pressing the left footswitch. I know you can hold the right button to scroll up but my foot obscures the preset lights, so I can't tell easily when it changes. Also, it seems you can only scroll presets on the Nemesis when the effect is bypassed, which makes it impossible to prepare a different preset for activation while a preset is currently on. As versatile as the Nemesis is, I think having footswitch options would make it even better.
This is what an external two button switch is for, customizable for preset banking, external tap, and hold functions. The footswitches themselves can be very compact too. Maybe barn will make something like for the h9, but in a nemesis friendly size.

huutevar

This is what an external two button switch is for, customizable for preset banking, external tap, and hold functions. The footswitches themselves can be very compact too. Maybe barn will make something like for the h9, but in a nemesis friendly size.
True, but I'm hoping Source Audio might consider settable options for the built in footswitches for a future update or future products. My pedalboard is already full, so I don't want to add any external switches right now. In the meantime, I'll just stay on one preset or bend down and switch presets by hand.

Michael_V

True, but I'm hoping Source Audio might consider settable options for the built in footswitches for a future update or future products. My pedalboard is already full, so I don't want to add any external switches right now. In the meantime, I'll just stay on one preset or bend down and switch presets by hand.
As good as the Nemesis is, this is why I'm selling mine.

rsmith601

Vendor
Hey rsmith601, when can we expect the Mac/PC editor I've read about, that will allow saving presets to a computer withOUT the Hub?
I know I keep saying we are really close, but we are getting really close. Jesse was out for a few days, but when he is back today I will check in with him.

rsmith601

Vendor
We are going to add this feature to Ventris. Maybe (big maybe) we can go back and add this to Nemesis.

rschultz13

General question about Nemesis and probably same answer for Ventris. I use an expression pedal on my Wet, but am currently using the Exp port on the Nemesis for passively switching presets. If I need to use the Exp port for expression, then I can use MIDI for preset switching. I have a DA DMC-3XL Gen2 on my Timeline, but it's not clear that DA supports the Source Audio stuff (without the Hub) yet.

What are people using for MIDI on the Nemesis now?

starfish

A couple newbie questions, since I've had the pedal less than a week and just got my phone updated and Neuro loaded...

• Is there a certain order that must be followed regarding pedal power up and opening Neuro?
  • Under "Hardware Settings" when I turn on Alternate Mix Knob Shape why does the setting default back to 'off' when I re-enter hardware settings?
  • Not quite getting "Send All" and "Burn." Any suggestions on how to use these properly?
  • Can I save a preset to the pedal using an alternate engine without replacing an alternate engine on the 12-position knob?
Also, just double-checking this, but Maintain Input Filter On Bypass should not work in relay bypass mode (no trails), correct? Does it just apply to trails mode? Thanks in advance. I'm still wrapping my head around this. It's great there are so many extended pitch shifting intervals in Neuro. I'll have to create something with octave + major 7.

Suggestion: It would be cool to have some detuning options like +/- 10c, +/- 25c, and perhaps +/- 50c, or even assignable from +/- 1-100c. In stereo, shifting one up and the other down slightly sounds just huge.

Gibs210

General question about Nemesis and probably same answer for Ventris. I use an expression pedal on my Wet, but am currently using the Exp port on the Nemesis for passively switching presets. If I need to use the Exp port for expression, then I can use MIDI for preset switching. I have a DA DMC-3XL Gen2 on my Timeline, but it's not clear that DA supports the Source Audio stuff (without the Hub) yet.

What are people using for MIDI on the Nemesis now?
Can't remember I got a gen2 to control my hub, and within months got a gen3 to beta test. There is no plans for gen2 firmware for nemesis (I think Matthew has stated that there's no more room in the memory for further coding). Gen3 controllers have direct support for the hub and nemesis.

BUT.......

SA and Matt were in conversation when mapping out the midi implementation for the nemesis, Matt suggested using the same midi CC#s as the timeline for ease of programming for those familiar with timeline wherever possible. As a result, the timeline firmware will cover most of your basis with the nemesis. Tap tempo cc is the same as timeline, and I believe hold is also the same. Obviously though, there's no looper function on the nemesis, and I'm not sure on mappin CC expression controls for the knobs, you'd have to check the nemesis midi implementation file on their website and reference the timeline's to see how they line up. PC messages should be fine

Gibs210

Can I save a preset to the pedal using an alternate engine without replacing an alternate engine on the 12-position knob?
Yes
Is there a certain order that must be followed regarding pedal power up and opening Neuro?
No order, as long as you plug your phone into the pedal at some point before making changes, you'll be fine.

Under "Hardware Settings" when I turn on Alternate Mix Knob Shape why does the setting default back to 'off' when I re-enter hardware settings?
We need a big banner in this thread for this one, it's repeat question very often. The app is one way communication, the phone beams info to the pedal, but there is no way for the pedal to send info back to the app, as a result, once you exit the hardware options menu, the selections reset in the app, but not on the pedal, if you want to make changes down the road, it's a good idea to hit the toggle twice to reset the state of the option on the nemesis.
Not quite getting "Send All" and "Burn." Any suggestions on how to use these properly?
If you make adjustments in the app, the pedal only responds to those changes and nothing else from the app. If you hit burn, it will burn the adjustments you made to whatever slot you have selected, but the settings you did NOT adjust, will not be burned to the pedal. If you hit send all, it sends all info in the app to the pedal, so all settings in the app are reflected on the pedal. If you hit burn in his state, it will burn all adjustments from the app to the pedal.

John Price

Supporting Member
Well, I just received my Nemesis Today and I'm trying to get acquainted with everything. Spent the last few days reading this thread...Wow! some great things going on here and one of the reasons I decided to try the pedal. I'm trying to figure out the app. How do I save a factory preset from Neuro to my pedal? I would like to load the Binson Drum Echo into one of the presets. Do I lose one of the effect engines when I do this being that it's not one of the engines in the pedal right now?

I'm also using my Disaster Area DMC to access the higher presets. How do you save to presets that are higher than 8?

Thanks
John

starfish

Yes

No order, as long as you plug your phone into the pedal at some point before making changes, you'll be fine.

We need a big banner in this thread for this one, it's repeat question very often. The app is one way communication, the phone beams info to the pedal, but there is no way for the pedal to send info back to the app, as a result, once you exit the hardware options menu, the selections reset in the app, but not on the pedal, if you want to make changes down the road, it's a good idea to hit the toggle twice to reset the state of the option on the nemesis.

If you make adjustments in the app, the pedal only responds to those changes and nothing else from the app. If you hit burn, it will burn the adjustments you made to whatever slot you have selected, but the settings you did NOT adjust, will not be burned to the pedal. If you hit send all, it sends all info in the app to the pedal, so all settings in the app are reflected on the pedal. If you hit burn in his state, it will burn all adjustments from the app to the pedal.
Got it, thanks! I'm sure I'll get used to this in due time.

More directed to SA as a suggestion for Neuro: It seems like it would be more intuitive for certain hardware settings changes to have a persistent state in the app, at least for the settings that require the app and for which the user made a previous change in the app. I'm not aware of another way to activate alternate mix knob shape. The app can probably be programed to remember what I selected last time. Why not have it display the last change, when the app was required to make that change? The displayed state would have a higher probably of being correct than the default state 'off,' no matter what was previously selected. The only exception to this would be the use of two phones, which I think would be quite rare.

I can see how sound editor changes differ in this regard, being that the pedal/app is not 2-way and you can change many/most sound settings from the pedal interface.

rsmith601

Vendor
Well, I just received my Nemesis Today and I'm trying to get acquainted with everything. Spent the last few days reading this thread...Wow! some great things going on here and one of the reasons I decided to try the pedal. I'm trying to figure out the app. How do I save a factory preset from Neuro to my pedal? I would like to load the Binson Drum Echo into one of the presets. Do I lose one of the effect engines when I do this being that it's not one of the engines in the pedal right now?

I'm also using my Disaster Area DMC to access the higher presets. How do you save to presets that are higher than 8?

Thanks
John
Here is one example:
1) Go to browse sounds
2) Select Binson Drum Echo
3) Select Open in Sound Editor
4) Select "burn" and destination as "user preset 9".

This will put that factory sound at preset location 9. Your DSC can get you there.

Now, this is just one way of doing things as an example. The more you play around, the more you will get it.

Remember that the phone cannot read back from the pedal. It is sending stuff to the pedal one way, like a TV remote control.

Gibs210

Thanks
John
The pedal has all 26 engines internally, the app just allows you to navigate through those selections easier. That said, saving a preset (or over a selector knob engine) with a back engine will not erase an engine from the preset (or engine selector), it's just a means of giving you faster access to engines you may use more than the given 12. I have burned over almost half of the front engines with back engines. As for saving in additional presets past 8, just load the PC number where your going to make adjustments, then hold the save button on the nemesis for a few seconds and it will save to that PC#

rsmith601

Vendor
Got it, thanks! I'm sure I'll get used to this in due time.

More directed to SA as a suggestion for Neuro: It seems like it would be more intuitive for certain hardware settings changes to have a persistent state in the app, at least for the settings that require the app and for which the user made a previous change in the app. I'm not aware of another way to activate alternate mix knob shape. The app can probably be programed to remember what I selected last time. Why not have it display the last change, when the app was required to make that change? The displayed state would have a higher probably of being correct than the default state 'off,' no matter what was previously selected. The only exception to this would be the use of two phones, which I think would be quite rare.

I can see how sound editor changes differ in this regard, being that the pedal/app is not 2-way and you can change many/most sound settings from the pedal interface.
This is always going to be confusing no matter how we do it. Ultimately, we decided to have the app always be in a sort of neutral state.

Keep in mind that the Desktop Editor is full-two way communication and will not have this aspect of confusion.