• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Source Audio Nemesis Delay

John Price

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks! That was kind of easy... I just didn't want to start saving all this stuff and realize I just wiped something important out.... I'll be back with more questions I'm sure.... So far it sounds awesome.....

Gibs210

Got it, thanks! I'm sure I'll get used to this in due time.

More directed to SA as a suggestion for Neuro: It seems like it would be more intuitive for certain hardware settings changes to have a persistent state in the app, at least for the settings that require the app and for which the user made a previous change in the app. I'm not aware of another way to activate alternate mix knob shape. The app can probably be programed to remember what I selected last time. Why not have it display the last change, when the app was required to make that change? The displayed state would have a higher probably of being correct than the default state 'off,' no matter what was previously selected. The only exception to this would be the use of two phones, which I think would be quite rare.

I can see how sound editor changes differ in this regard, being that the pedal/app is not 2-way and you can change many/most sound settings from the pedal interface.
The problem here is that there's a few guys with multiple nemesis pedals, imagine the confusion of th app remembering the last few adjustments in the hardware section
@gibs5000 is on a roll, subbing for @dickjonesify - I'll defer :)
That's what happens when you get the day off, you can actually beat dickie to respond for a change.

rschultz13

Can't remember I got a gen2 to control my hub, and within months got a gen3 to beta test. There is no plans for gen2 firmware for nemesis (I think Matthew has stated that there's no more room in the memory for further coding). Gen3 controllers have direct support for the hub and nemesis.

SA and Matt were in conversation when mapping out the midi implementation for the nemesis, Matt suggested using the same midi CC#s as the timeline for ease of programming for those familiar with timeline wherever possible. As a result, the timeline firmware will cover most of your basis with the nemesis. Tap tempo cc is the same as timeline, and I believe hold is also the same. Obviously though, there's no looper function on the nemesis, and I'm not sure on mappin CC expression controls for the knobs, you'd have to check the nemesis midi implementation file on their website and reference the timeline's to see how they line up. PC messages should be fine
I suppose this is ONE advantage for Wet+EXP... in that you don't need a separate Midi controller for preset advancement since it's built into the EXP. But it's interesting to think about Nemesis + Ventris being controlled by the same Midi controller.

starfish

This is always going to be confusing no matter how we do it. Ultimately, we decided to have the app always be in a sort of neutral state.

Keep in mind that the Desktop Editor is full-two way communication and will not have this aspect of confusion.
Excellent, I'm looking forward to it. :) I would prefer to use the desktop editor on my Mac anyway. That way I can also edit presets on my H9 and Nemesis concurrently.

rsmith601

Vendor
I suppose this is ONE advantage for Wet+EXP... in that you don't need a separate Midi controller for preset advancement since it's built into the EXP. But it's interesting to think about Nemesis + Ventris being controlled by the same Midi controller.
I am not sure I quite a agree with this point, of maybe I am missing something?

I can use a 3rd party expression pedal into the 1/8 jack on Nemesis to get expression control.
I can use a simple 3rd party 2 button switch to go up and down on the Nemesis presets (8 of them, that is).

By the way, this is a useful summary sheet. The comments about the software updater are old. The app can do that now:

http://www.sourceaudio.net/downloads/product_docs/osnd_ctrl_options.pdf

John Price

Silver Supporting Member
Alright, so I have another question about saving presets. I'm using midi to get the upper presets that I saved and I want to make a few little adjustments. Let's say I'm on preset 12 do I just press/hold the save button and it will save to that preset?

dickjonesify

Alright, so I have another question about saving presets. I'm using midi to get the upper presets that I saved and I want to make a few little adjustments. Let's say I'm on preset 12 do I just press/hold the save button and it will save to that preset?
Load 12 first
Tweak
Save with the button

Yup

rschultz13

Can't remember I got a gen2 to control my hub, and within months got a gen3 to beta test. There is no plans for gen2 firmware for nemesis (I think Matthew has stated that there's no more room in the memory for further coding). Gen3 controllers have direct support for the hub and nemesis.

BUT.......

SA and Matt were in conversation when mapping out the midi implementation for the nemesis, Matt suggested using the same midi CC#s as the timeline for ease of programming for those familiar with timeline wherever possible. As a result, the timeline firmware will cover most of your basis with the nemesis. Tap tempo cc is the same as timeline, and I believe hold is also the same. Obviously though, there's no looper function on the nemesis, and I'm not sure on mappin CC expression controls for the knobs, you'd have to check the nemesis midi implementation file on their website and reference the timeline's to see how they line up. PC messages should be fine
So Drew @ Disaster Area suggested that if I update the firmware on my Gen2 DMC-3XL, it should work on my Nemedis. So I did and it worked! Wo hoo! It's the same midi commands as the Timeline.

John Price

Silver Supporting Member
What is the difference between routing the pedal setup for Mono input/Mono output compared to Mono input/Mono output and activating the Sum L&R to Mono output mode.

rschultz13

I am not sure I quite a agree with this point, of maybe I am missing something?

I can use a 3rd party expression pedal into the 1/8 jack on Nemesis to get expression control.
I can use a simple 3rd party 2 button switch to go up and down on the Nemesis presets (8 of them, that is).

By the way, this is a useful summary sheet. The comments about the software updater are old. The app can do that now:

http://www.sourceaudio.net/downloads/product_docs/osnd_ctrl_options.pdf
Kind of, but that 2 button has to be midi, right? You can't do expression and passive preset advance through the single control port... can you? No disrespect intended. I'm really looking forward to the Ventura.

Gibs210

Kind of, but that 2 button has to be midi, right? You can't do expression and passive preset advance through the single control port... can you? No disrespect intended. I'm really looking forward to the Ventura.
The 1/8" control port can connect to an expression pedal, and the 1/4" jack can connect to a 2 button switch.

pusher

Need some quick help. The guys at SA sent me a replacement pedal cuz mine was acting wonky (Thanks Jeff!) All my presets are gone, of course. I can't remember what I'm doing wrong here.

I'm hooked into the Nemesis in stereo in and out. If the pedal is clicked off, I don't hear the left side at all. Clicked on, and I only hear the repeats on the left side. Can't find a setting in the Neuro app.

Any hints would be awesome. Thanks!

dickjonesify

Need some quick help. The guys at SA sent me a replacement pedal cuz mine was acting wonky (Thanks Jeff!) All my presets are gone, of course. I can't remember what I'm doing wrong here.

I'm hooked into the Nemesis in stereo in and out. If the pedal is clicked off, I don't hear the left side at all. Clicked on, and I only hear the repeats on the left side. Can't find a setting in the Neuro app.

What stereo pedal is before it?
Nemesis in true bypass mode?

rsmith601

Vendor

The pedal defaults to auto detection for routing. Otherwise pick what you want in the routing section. Sound editor, near the bottom.

Trending Topics