Source Audio Nemesis Delay

rsmith601

Vendor
Well, i have to tell that i will be a little bit dissapointed on a desktop editor without a way to import or export .pre files.... Mine or from other users.
One of the main reasons for a desktop editor is that, not only tweaking. I have a ton of presets, including the ones i made, that Android don't let me use on Neuro App neither share with the community. I consider that a basic function, i don't know if neuro database is an issue on that.
Thanks.
Importing and exporting will be no problem at all. Let me try to explain:

On the phone, it is all one single application you use for editing, saving, publishing, browsing, etc.
(by the way, you CAN publish. I think you may have missed the warning screen that tells you how. I will explain below)

With my proposed desktop approach, you will use the editor for creating and saving your presets on your computer. Browsing and publishing will happen with our web site page I posted above, rather than in the editor itself. I will point out that this is just like what people do when they get an audio file somewhere (such as iTunes), they put it in a music library file....and they play it with a player application. Almost anyone who is reading this knows exactly how to deal with getting a file off of the web and then using an application to open it. Same thing here. This seems like a very reasonable way to get something that works well and does not take us months to implement.

Publishing a preset on your phone:
1) Save it to your user library in the sound editor
2) Go to the User tab in the browse sounds area
3) swipe left on the preset you want to publish. You have a choice to delete or to publish.
4) done
I know the "share" button does not work on Android, but that is for emailing of texting the file....not publishing.
Hope this is helpful!

Jbbop

Importing and exporting will be no problem at all. Let me try to explain:

On the phone, it is all one single application you use for editing, saving, publishing, browsing, etc.
(by the way, you CAN publish. I think you may have missed the warning screen that tells you how. I will explain below)

With my proposed desktop approach, you will use the editor for creating and saving your presets on your computer. Browsing and publishing will happen with our web site page I posted above, rather than in the editor itself. I will point out that this is just like what people do when they get an audio file somewhere (such as iTunes), they put it in a music library file....and they play it with a player application. Almost anyone who is reading this knows exactly how to deal with getting a file off of the web and then using an application to open it. Same thing here. This seems like a very reasonable way to get something that works well and does not take us months to implement.

Publishing a preset on your phone:
1) Save it to your user library in the sound editor
2) Go to the User tab in the browse sounds area
3) swipe left on the preset you want to publish. You have a choice to delete or to publish.
4) done
I know the "share" button does not work on Android, but that is for emailing of texting the file....not publishing.
Hope this is helpful!
Ha ha ha.....Well explained my friend, i understood everything even with my poor english from spanish public university.
Anyone with a jurassic Android (4.2) will be able to do that?...
Better said.... Android would have to take part in any process or i just could forget the little green man?

starfish

Ran into some weirdness with trying the presets that are shared under "Web" in the app. This was my first time trying the shared presets. When I select some of the presets, there are remanants of the other presets still activated. For example, I tried one with Double Helix and when I selected one with Oil Can, the pitch shifting of the Helix was still audible. I had to select other presets and then reselect the one with Oil Can to clear it. Is this either normal behavior or a known issue? I'm using an iPhone with the latest iOS 10.2.1 and only downloaded the Neuro app within the last couple weeks.

Last edited:

Lef T

When I select some of the presets, there are remanants of the other presets still activated
I had this problem when initially trying to load the Binson samples.
I would get remnants of other engines.
Here's the fix as supplied by SA.
1. Connect your Nemesis to the Nemesis Firmware Updater V8_2
2. Pull the edge of the program window to expand it downwards.
3. Enable, “Program Updates Only (Skip Firmware)"
4. Select, "Manually Select File and Update”
5. Choose, “SA260 _ Nemesis _ 243 _ 08 _ 3.saxf. If it doesn’t show right away, using the folders on the left hand side, you can find it here:
Personal / Downloads / Nemesis_Firmware_Updater_Mac_8-2.app / Contents / Resources / SA260_Nemesis_243_08_3.saxf
6. Once you double click the file, the update should begin. Follow any further directions given by the updater, and you should be all set.

Last edited:
Ran into some weirdness with trying the presets that are shared under "Web" in the app. This was my first time trying the shared presets. When I select some of the presets, there are remanants of the other presets still activated. For example, I tried one with Double Helix and when I selected one with Oil Can, the pitch shifting of the Helix was still audible. I had to select other presets and then reselect the one with Oil Can to clear it. Is this either normal behavior or a known issue? I'm using an iPhone with the latest iOS 10.2.1 and only downloaded the Neuro app within the last couple weeks.
Yeah, @Lef T is correct - that sounds like a pedal that needs an update. We've actually made a couple of changes since the time we sent out the instructions above. I recommend just going to our website (click here) and downloading the new Nemesis Updater and updating the pedal. And feel free to PM me if you have any questions - I'm happy to help.

Lef T

Yeah, @Lef T is correct - that sounds like a pedal that needs an update. We've actually made a couple of changes since the time we sent out the instructions above
What new changes did you add theluckyjackson
I never thought I'd see Nemesis and Lef T is correct in the same sentence !

Last edited:

hodshonf

just got mine.

lovely.

a friend just bought me the Programmable EQ as well.

i guess i'm a loyalist now, eh?

do i need to register these SA pedals?

rsmith601

Vendor
just got mine.

lovely.

a friend just bought me the Programmable EQ as well.

i guess i'm a loyalist now, eh?

do i need to register these SA pedals?
Nope. We have you covered!
Joining our email list is a good idea way to keep in touch and learn about updates. We only send like one newsletter per month.

What new changes did you add theluckyjackson
I never thought I'd see Nemesis and Lef T is correct in the same sentence !
We haven't really made any notable changes regarding the user experience since we added the new Klone, Germanium Muff, and the other engines. The latest update basically just squashed some bugs that came with the big update. ...always improving. :)

Lef T is correct... Lef T is correct... Lef T is correct... Lef T is correct... Lef T is correct...

dougb415

Silver Supporting Member
I hope that we get the ability to share scenes with the new editor too. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that has scenes saved with multiple SA pedals. I've got 20 or so right now.

Lord Nelson

This week I have had trouble with saving presets. Nothing happens when I hold down the save button. It won't change presets either, except when I hold down the tap button or send a midi signal. Tried to unplug midi, expression pedals, turn on/off etc, but no change. Is it possible I have blocked the save function somehow? Or is the button broken?

rsmith601

Vendor
This week I have had trouble with saving presets. Nothing happens when I hold down the save button. It won't change presets either, except when I hold down the tap button or send a midi signal. Tried to unplug midi, expression pedals, turn on/off etc, but no change. Is it possible I have blocked the save function somehow? Or is the button broken?
send a note to contact@sourceaudio.net

starfish

I had this problem when initially trying to load the Binson samples.
I would get remnants of other engines.
Here's the fix as supplied by SA.
1. Connect your Nemesis to the Nemesis Firmware Updater V8_2
2. Pull the edge of the program window to expand it downwards.
3. Enable, “Program Updates Only (Skip Firmware)"
4. Select, "Manually Select File and Update”
5. Choose, “SA260 _ Nemesis _ 243 _ 08 _ 3.saxf. If it doesn’t show right away, using the folders on the left hand side, you can find it here:
Personal / Downloads / Nemesis_Firmware_Updater_Mac_8-2.app / Contents / Resources / SA260_Nemesis_243_08_3.saxf
6. Once you double click the file, the update should begin. Follow any further directions given by the updater, and you should be all set.
Thanks, this worked. :)

Yeah, @Lef T is correct - that sounds like a pedal that needs an update. We've actually made a couple of changes since the time we sent out the instructions above. I recommend just going to our website (click here) and downloading the new Nemesis Updater and updating the pedal. And feel free to PM me if you have any questions - I'm happy to help.
Thanks. Apparently, the pedal came directly from SA to the vendor a couple weeks ago and already had the latest firmware. When I first unboxed the Nemesis, I downloaded the updater and checked to confirm the latest firmware was installed, including the Binson delays. However, following Lef T's suggestions above did work. Was maybe the latest firmware installed "at the factory," but then new 'program updates' were released within the last few weeks?

Thanks, this worked. :)

Thanks. Apparently, the pedal came directly from SA to the vendor a couple weeks ago and already had the latest firmware. When I first unboxed the Nemesis, I downloaded the updater and checked to confirm the latest firmware was installed, including the Binson delays. However, following Lef T's suggestions above did work. Was maybe the latest firmware installed "at the factory," but then new 'program updates' were released within the last few weeks?
Excellent - I'm glad it's working for you. Yes, the most recent update is very recent so I'm certain that yours was shipped before then. Both procedures will update the pedal. Enjoy the new engines!

pusher

Looking for some suggestions. I have 3 presets dedicated to the Nemesis on my MIDI controller. Each preset's Mix knob is controlled by an expression pedal, so I can get more or less depending on the part of the song, room sound, etc.

Right now I need a slap back (1/4 note) in preset 1, and am thinking about a dotted 8th for preset 2, and that Andy Timmons quarter with a dotted 8th thing in preset 3.

Can you suggest which engines or other configurations I might try? The two bands I'm with now are into R&B/Smooth Jazz, and in the other I'm playing lead/color/soundscape for a non-conventional Reggae band (Not Rhythm). Think Twist Off Marley. . .

I haven't had time to explore all the new engine goodness like the Binsons, etc. I guess I'm looking for the suggestions that say 'Dude! If you play that kind of music, you have got to try this one!' Greatest hits, most downloaded, etc, but within my genre.

Let 'em fly. I only have 3 slots and I needs that slap in preset 1.

jamester

Silver Supporting Member
Curious how many are using this live with an external switch to change presets and change presets within songs?

Has it been an issue scrolling to the new preset while hearing the sounds change? Silent preset select is basically my only concern at this point, especially since I often use a faux-reverb delay as part of my base tone. It would be great to have all I need in one delay pedal, even with the external switch there would be less footprint than the two delays I have now...

starfish

For me, one of the strongest points of the Nemesis is how well it sits in the mix, even at high rates of feedback. This point was noticeable right out of the box upon first playing, but it really began to shine after I selected the alternate mix knob shape. Kudos to both SA and to whomever suggested the alternate mix knob.

My other high-end delays just never gelled quite right when it came to the mix. The fact that Nemesis got mix so right just makes it even more fun to play with the wilder sounds to produce really good results.

david henman

...i think i will buy one of these, and sell my boss dd500. the only issue for me is having to bend down to switch presets. could an external momentary/latch switch or on/off switch be used for this purpose?