• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Source Audio Nemesis Delay

Tung-Sol Tube

Have you tried the resonant analog? Its on the back page.
Yep. I do like that engine. I think it does a good job of getting in the ballpark of the MXR Carbon Copy, EHX Memory Boy, and to a lesser extent DM-2/3 style delays. Essentially, I find it good (but not best in class) at replicating darker, murky analog delays.

I love the DMM sound, but I can't get the front panel analog engine (IIRC that's what that one is based on) to sound like mine. I tried some of the Neuro community presets too, but I guess DMMs can vary a lot unit to unit.

The dBucket algorithms in the Strymon products are among my favorite BBD emulations (some great sounding reasonable options from Digitech [Obscura, DL-8] and Line 6 [Echo Park] as well). I like the ability to dial in artifacts to match my favorite units (noise, bucket loss, aliasing). With the Neuro app/editor, I can saturate the Nemesis and use bitcrushing to approximate aliasing. I'll have to experiment with the tape noise control, but IIRC it doesn't do what I'm after (nor was it intended to).

What are the analog engines based on again?
Analog=DMM
Resonant Analog=Carbon Copy, Way Huge Aqua Puss (which is a DM-2 copy)

dmutter

External Tap Tempo help please...

I want to pair my Nemesis with a second delay and use an external Tap Tempo. What do I need to look for in tap tempo pedals to run off the control input on the Nemesis? Any special cables required?

dmutter

you need a thing like this one. I guess, Selah Quartz does the job as well. also there was a Morning Star midi controller that does similar things and more.

obviously, having no tap-in, nemesis syncs with midi cable.
Thanks.
I was hoping I could do this without MIDI, a more simple approach.

ambivalence

Thanks.
Even if there was some tap input, something on your pedalboard should send the clock both to nemesis and the other delay. At this point, it doesn't matter what interface will be used, midi cable or 1/4” jack.

I now waiting for Rubberneck to arrive and I'm already conserned about how I am going to sync it. I read that it requires a mod for its external 3-button controller. Too bad there's no such option out-of-box.

And yeah, it would be great if future midi capable pedals would be able to send tap-tempo without any additional gears. But I guess there's a reason why developers don't do it. Conflicts with other gears maybe.

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
External Tap Tempo help please...

I want to pair my Nemesis with a second delay and use an external Tap Tempo. What do I need to look for in tap tempo pedals to run off the control input on the Nemesis? Any special cables required?
What about the daa microclock? It’s smaller and cheaper than the smartclock but I think it’ll still do what you want

CrashC317

Attempted searching this thread. Is there a way to force the Nemesis I/O to run mono in / stereo out globally? Without that I have to tweak every preset to use mono in / stereo out otherwise my right amp goes dark? That is a giant pain and a huge risk for missing it in the context of multiple stereo SA pedals, engines and presets.

A long time ago I gave up on SA products because of half my rig randomly going dark. I think this may have been the culprit. I kept the Nemesis and swore to just use the knobs on the face. But it seems I'm going to have to app dive if I want mono in / stereo out all the time?

ambivalence

Is there a way to force the Nemesis I/O to run mono in / stereo out globally?
Good question. A had a time when my ventris made one of my amps dark over and over just because one of the input ports was used by neuroapp. I guess, it «thought» that it was stereo in while it wasn't.

CrashC317

Good question. A had a time when my ventris made one of my amps dark over and over just because one of the input ports was used by neuroapp. I guess, it «thought» that it was stereo in while it wasn't.
Good call. Having my phone plugged into the Nemesis at the time likely has something to do with it as well. Being able to set mono in / stereo out globally would (I think) resolve the issue. Hope there's a clever workaround?

Byknfool

Silver Supporting Member
Attempted searching this thread. Is there a way to force the Nemesis I/O to run mono in / stereo out globally? Without that I have to tweak every preset to use mono in / stereo out otherwise my right amp goes dark? That is a giant pain and a huge risk for missing it in the context of multiple stereo SA pedals, engines and presets.

A long time ago I gave up on SA products because of half my rig randomly going dark. I think this may have been the culprit. I kept the Nemesis and swore to just use the knobs on the face. But it seems I'm going to have to app dive if I want mono in / stereo out all the time?
I thought if you just plugged into the top right input mono and used the stereo outs it ran stereo automatically? I run mono into mine and stereo out and it seems to run stereo out just fine no matter which engine I use. Are you using community presets?

The default for all patches is “Auto Select” which should be detecting how you have it wired And act accordingly.

Gibs210

Thanks.
Never tried the micro clock via control input, I’m not sure it will work unless @DisasterArea has some sort of option for the outputs to send in the same way as our SA tap switch, which is wired for 1:8” TRRS (One of the rings isn’t actually used, so it’s more like TRS), and has some resistors and capacitors in the path to allow it to work as a tap switch in that port, an unfortunate necessary evil in order for that port to do all that it does (expression with the dual expression pedal, tap tempo with our tap switch, and neuro hub communication with the hub). You could build an adapter if the micro clock does not have the necessary tap output, just use normally open (if that’s an option for the micro clock) and build the adapter using the wiring diagram in the manual for the tap switch. Just replace the momentary SPST switch with a 1/4” jack for the micro clock to connect to, and a 1/8” trs jack for the nemesis control input.

Even if there was some tap input, something on your pedalboard should send the clock both to nemesis and the other delay. At this point, it doesn't matter what interface will be used, midi cable or 1/4” jack.

I now waiting for Rubberneck to arrive and I'm already conserned about how I am going to sync it. I read that it requires a mod for its external 3-button controller. Too bad there's no such option out-of-box.

And yeah, it would be great if future midi capable pedals would be able to send tap-tempo without any additional gears. But I guess there's a reason why developers don't do it. Conflicts with other gears maybe.
being able to respond to midi commands, and generate them are 2 different operations. Most pedals just respond, and let the controller to the generating. Hence whyour pedals can’t be used as a master tempo device.

Good call. Having my phone plugged into the Nemesis at the time likely has something to do with it as well. Being able to set mono in / stereo out globally would (I think) resolve the issue. Hope there's a clever workaround?
You’ll need to map each preset to mono in/stereo out with hardware or soft bypass or when creating a new preset from the pedal, use one of your existing presets that’s already configured this way. If your leaving the neuro cable connected, the pedal will assume that it’s an audio connection until neuro data is sent to the pedal, or a phone is connected to the cable. Hence the dark tone from your amp. Other products that followed nemesis do have a global I/O setting, but this only applies to creating new presets, it will default to that setting, but you can still program it to any other I/O option and save to individual presets.

dmutter

Never tried the micro clock via control input, I’m not sure it will work unless @DisasterArea has some sort of option for the outputs to send in the same way as our SA tap switch, which is wired for 1:8” TRRS (One of the rings isn’t actually used, so it’s more like TRS), and has some resistors and capacitors in the path to allow it to work as a tap switch in that port, an unfortunate necessary evil in order for that port to do all that it does (expression with the dual expression pedal, tap tempo with our tap switch, and neuro hub communication with the hub). You could build an adapter if the micro clock does not have the necessary tap output, just use normally open (if that’s an option for the micro clock) and build the adapter using the wiring diagram in the manual for the tap switch. Just replace the momentary SPST switch with a 1/4” jack for the micro clock to connect to, and a 1/8” trs jack for the nemesis control input.

being able to respond to midi commands, and generate them are 2 different operations. Most pedals just respond, and let the controller to the generating. Hence whyour pedals can’t be used as a master tempo device.

You’ll need to map each preset to mono in/stereo out with hardware or soft bypass or when creating a new preset from the pedal, use one of your existing presets that’s already configured this way. If your leaving the neuro cable connected, the pedal will assume that it’s an audio connection until neuro data is sent to the pedal, or a phone is connected to the cable. Hence the dark tone from your amp. Other products that followed nemesis do have a global I/O setting, but this only applies to creating new presets, it will default to that setting, but you can still program it to any other I/O option and save to individual presets.
So without a smart clock, it should be possible to wire up a tap tempo pedal that feeds the Nemesis from on jack and a Boss DD-5 from another jack right? Just making sure I have the correct Normally Open/Normally Closed jacks.

Trending Topics