Source Audio "STINGRAY" Multi Filter

rck

cool demo, pedal sounds great, want to see more demos and reviews on this one.

Jet Age Eric

That should probably be "... AND your favorite presets"--the footswitches double as tap controllers AND preset selectors. Great work, guys! -E

rck

bloody hell man, that was not your average-everyday pedal demo...nice work!

The Stingray sounds great in the many applications you were using it in and some of those were of the non-traditional usage for filters that I think of when hearing/playing one.

One aspect (and I've said it in another SA related thread) that stood out to me with their products is that they take traditional effects and add twist/s and features not found in other companies' offerings and help inspire me to create original material/sounds. I hear and see some of that (possible?) creative juicing in your demo as well.

nice touch with the Cinematography too.

cubistguitar

I love mine, but still need to spend much time with this one. It has so many subtle flavors of filter it is really hard to make a quick demo of all and then jump on the one you like best. I spend a lot of time with each filter I select, tweaking each parameter and dialing in something fantastic every time. But I feel I have only hit about half the filters I could possibly try and dial in, but I wanna spend some playing/jamming time with the current saved patches. The two I have dialed in currently are the best I have ever had available to me on a pedalboard, and I have tried some excellent filters. The ability to fine tune the drive, volume, tone and add some modulation with the envelope filters is really just great. I hope to throw together a clip or video sometime soon, just dig it very much, but need hours more to really have it figured completely. If they make a delay, it will be unique and fun, prolly hard to resist too.

el guapo

That's good to hear. I have the mobius. It's great for so many things but the filter is VERY weak in my opinion and I'm ready to purchase the right filter to replace it.

rck

I love mine, but still need to spend much time with this one. It has so many subtle flavors of filter it is really hard to make a quick demo of all and then jump on the one you like best. I spend a lot of time with each filter I select, tweaking each parameter and dialing in something fantastic every time. But I feel I have only hit about half the filters I could possibly try and dial in, but I wanna spend some playing/jamming time with the current saved patches. The two I have dialed in currently are the best I have ever had available to me on a pedalboard, and I have tried some excellent filters. The ability to fine tune the drive, volume, tone and add some modulation with the envelope filters is really just great. I hope to throw together a clip or video sometime soon, just dig it very much, but need hours more to really have it figured completely. If they make a delay, it will be unique and fun, prolly hard to resist too.
Would appreciate a clip! esp one showing some more traditional filter sounds.

I've had their Pro Poly Mod Filter for over a year and love it, but I have too many large pedals to keep it on my main board anymore as I need the space.

My favorite sound with the PPM is a Jerry-esque-on-steroids filter and if the Stingray can pull that sound off, it's a no brainer for me, esp with the drive control, that feature combined with all the others is very tempting.

cubistguitar

I think it will do whatnever you like, but I promise to throw some demos together this weekend. The drive really tunes the gritty quality, which is huge for me. I had a fabulous Meastro copy that had the grittiest nastiest synth growl and this does it in spades, plus will clean up entirely which the Meastro would not do at all. Right now I have a single peak much like an wah with lots of grit and very peak-y and then a mutli-pole low pass that has some modulation and is set to let all my attack through and then settle into a nice slowish throb. Just killer stuff, but those took like an hour to dial in those two to really work perfect in the rig, that is right with the gain changes and pickups and ranges I like to play in. On the other hand, in the past there has always been some kind of trade off in one of those areas with the other filters I have had before. i think they have a super filter, but it takes a touch of patience.

rck

I think it will do whatnever you like, but I promise to throw some demos together this weekend. The drive really tunes the gritty quality, which is huge for me. I had a fabulous Meastro copy that had the grittiest nastiest synth growl and this does it in spades, plus will clean up entirely which the Meastro would not do at all. Right now I have a single peak much like an wah with lots of grit and very peak-y and then a mutli-pole low pass that has some modulation and is set to let all my attack through and then settle into a nice slowish throb. Just killer stuff, but those took like an hour to dial in those two to really work perfect in the rig, that is right with the gain changes and pickups and ranges I like to play in. On the other hand, in the past there has always been some kind of trade off in one of those areas with the other filters I have had before. i think they have a super filter, but it takes a touch of patience.
I feel you on the dialing in aspect, but it pays off when you get your sound.

I had some help (and this demo sold me on the Pro Poly Mod) from Mike Hermans.

the particular sound I really like and predominantly use on the PPM is the 13 Single Peak at the 8:20 mark if you can take a listen:

hoping the Stingray can do something really similar; don't recall hearing the more simple/traditional filters on current demos.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Using an expression pedal with the Stingray is a wonderful thing.

Trending Topics