• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Source Audio Vertigo Tremolo small review, great tone

dantahoua

Hello, I just receive 3 days ago a brand new Vertigo Tremolo.
I bought this pedal because I need a Stereo Tremolo for one of my rig, and a good mono Tremolo for my other rig.
I previously own an old Boss Tremolo/Pan pedal (the green one), a mono Dr Scientist Tremolescence (Should have kept this one, small footprint and great sound), a Stereo Tremolescence.
Could never bond with the Stereo Tremolescence.

So I tested the Vertigo in real live situation, and waou! Great pedal. The Bias Tremolo is just great as the Opto Tremolo sounds!
Just the four nob, very easy to use and base tweak. Very transparent, I use the pedal in the FX Loop of my Bogner, the pedal is set to true bypass and the pedal is very transparent, even when engaged!
And if you want to tweak further you can use the ios app, one great thing is you can change the Stereo phase, one thing very interesting for a Stereo Tremolo pedal!
You can even store one user preset just by let your foot on the footswitch.
Really love this one, even if it's not analog!!!

The only cons I find is the footswitch, look not very sturdy, time will tell. They should have put a non-click footswitch also.

So, for the price, I think it's a really goof deal!

dantahoua

So finally I tested the Neuro apps. Great, changes you make on the ipad reflect instantaneously on the pedal.
The bad news is you can't use the other pedal (phaser/flanger/chorus) preset on the tremolo... But there is a lot to do just with the Tremolo settings, a lot of settings!

rsmith601

Vendor
So finally I tested the Neuro apps. Great, changes you make on the ipad reflect instantaneously on the pedal.
The bad news is you can't use the other pedal (phaser/flanger/chorus) preset on the tremolo... But there is a lot to do just with the Tremolo settings, a lot of settings!
The Vertigo Tremolo cannot become a pure phaser, chorus or flanger, but as you can see from the effects you can access via the app our free tremolo library which has many tremolo effects layering in phasers, filters, choruses and flangers. In the future we will publish the Tremolo Software Editor which we use to create the library sounds so that anyone can create their own exotic tremolo. With that said, in addition to the library there are lots of parameters you can access via the free app to control signal routing options, 5 band parametric EQ, etc.

On the other hand, if you purchase either a Lunar Phaser, a Gemini Chorus, or a Mercury Flanger, each of these is capable of running any effect that the other one can do. We are releasing and shipping these all this week.

The Neuro app opens up many new doors. It is a unique new innovation to the world of effects. It is worth understanding what it does.

dantahoua

I miss something on this pedal, not a bid deal but...
There is no blinking led at the tremolo rate. Maybe you could upgrade the later pedal so the small top led would blink to the rate of the tremolo?

thesleeve

There is no blinking led at the tremolo rate. Maybe you could upgrade the later pedal so the small top led would blink to the rate of the tremolo?
Hi dantahoua,

You can enable a tempo-synched blinking LED, although it's not enabled by default.
In the Neuro app, go into hardware options and activate "Enable External Tap Tempo Switch."
This will enable external tap tempo and will also cause the LED to blink in time with the speed knob.

dantahoua

Waou great video! Really love this pedal! I'll probably also go with a Mercury Flanger cause I need a phaser and a flanger on some tune...

YOGA64

Silver Supporting Member
Is there any way to set up the signal routing as mono in stereo out without using the app?

m0b1liz3

I am curious about Yoga64's question as well. Unfortunately, I can't use the neuro app because it is still not available for Android. The main site for the tremolo pedal mentions it is available for IOS and android but when you go to dnld page it still says "coming soon". If you are an android user, I would avoid this pedal. The company doesn't seem to be delivering on their software which is one of the main reasons people are looking at these.

dickjonesify

Silver Supporting Member
I am curious about Yoga64's question as well. Unfortunately, I can't use the neuro app because it is still not available for Android. The main site for the tremolo pedal mentions it is available for IOS and android but when you go to dnld page it still says "coming soon". If you are an android user, I would avoid this pedal. The company doesn't seem to be delivering on their software which is one of the main reasons people are looking at these.
They are in the final stages of development on the Android app. It proved to be a lot trickier than iOS for some reason.

earwax

Put a video together for the Vertigo.

Another great demo. Maybe I should have asked for this for my birthday instead of a flint. Love the sound around the six minute mark.

Got the word today I am headed to yyz in the near future. Do you play shows much in the area?

rsmith601

Vendor
Android is really close! We played yesterday with what we hope is the final version. Only minor bugs found. As noted, it was very hard to develop relative to iOS.

While the app does take the Vertigo to new levels of options, our goal is is to create the best stereo tremolo ever out of the box, app or no app. Best defined as wide range of stellar tones in a small footprint with intuitive controls.

mowatsmith

Another great demo. Maybe I should have asked for this for my birthday instead of a flint. Love the sound around the six minute mark.

Got the word today I am headed to yyz in the near future. Do you play shows much in the area?
Thanks, man. It's a rad trem. I have a few dates in February, but I think they're weddings and private parties. I'm gonna try to pick up a few more bar gigs to make rent this month, so I'll get back to you. Ha. Come say hi.

Laganlad

Silver Supporting Member
Would the vertigo easily replace the tremolo section of the Strymon Flint? The Flint is my favorite trem but I don't use the verb too much and have a Big Sky.

Gibs210

Would the vertigo easily replace the tremolo section of the Strymon Flint? The Flint is my favorite trem but I don't use the verb too much and have a Big Sky.
Very easily, the three sounds on the flint can easily be covered with the vertigo without even getting into the app. The big bonus over the flint is the 3 onboard presets (available with firmware 1.09) as well as the ability to change the stock positions of the toggle in either normal or preset mode.

Trending Topics