Source for good, reliable pots that aren't $15 a piece cork sniffing grade?

Mr F90

Silver Supporting Member
Where do you guys get your pots from? Switches too? I'm just trying to upgrade some cheap parts guitars and I'm not looking for some $75 "Jimmy Page era correct wiring harness" or any of that.

xmusic123

Gold Supporting Member
I’d go CTS over Bourns. My bourns were super fast to turn, not as amenable to minor tweaks.

Plainman

Mouser and digikey are my go-to for electronics supply. Amazon’s selection often falls short for electronics, and parts are usually sold in bundles and/or are overpriced.

Sweetwater is another good option for pots. Their free shipping is nice when you’re not making a large order.

Where do you guys get your pots from? Switches too? I'm just trying to upgrade some cheap parts guitars and I'm not looking for some $75 "Jimmy Page era correct wiring harness" or any of that.

Pots made of powdered moon rocks blow those out of the water. ;)

colinesquire

Tweedledee

Silver Supporting Member

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
I like VIPots, but they're cork sniffer grade. $31+ shipping for a set of 4 ($7.75 each). I buy them for the taper and feel. You can get CTS pots for about half that.

Add a Switchcraft switch and jack and you've got the best parts for about $50 (well under, if you go with CTS pots).

Last edited:

K-Line

Vendor
250K? I just got a massive box load from Emerson. But s/h usually kills. So sweetwater is your best bet.

Guitarworks

Google the web. There are lots of sources selling new CTS pots and Switchcraft or Oak Grigsby switches for way less than $15 each, some with free shipping. Shop around. You should have no trouble finding quality pots for $5 locally if you have at least one guitar shop within 10 miles of home.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom