Source for Ibanez Roadstar II decals?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by stratoskier, May 4, 2016.

1. stratoskier

stratoskier Member

I was wondering if anyone knew of a source for the old style Ibanez Roadstar II decals? I'm referring to the ones with the curved bottom (to follow headstock contour) that said "Ibanez Roadstar II Series" and below that "The Ultimate Expression of Craftsmanship." I could get by with only the top line if necessary.

I've sent several emails to possible sources with no reply. I understand that decals can be printed from very high resolution images, but unfortunately I don't have that either -- just what is available on the web or what I take myself which show the full headstock image.

Any suggestions?

2. SamBooka

SamBooka Member

Not the same thing because everybody wants them, but I had fender deckles made by Rothko in frost in the UK. Bloody expensive. The quality was very good though. I wonder if you posted to the Facebook group for Ibanez collectors ?

3. De - Fre

De - Fre Supporting Member

Rothko and Frost did some great job for me too!

4. kevmin

kevmin Supporting Member

There is a place in Finland that makes them. Here is a YouTube video that shows it. The link to the site is below the video. I have not personally used them, so I have no idea about the quality. But the video looks quite good.

5. stratoskier

stratoskier Member

Thank you for the excellent leads! I sent inquiries so we'll see how it goes.