Spaceman Cosmic Call

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Blue-moon, Apr 1, 2020.

1. msnes335

msnes335 Supporting Member

Me too. I wanted the ruined, had it in my cart, but it expired before I did that space between the letters of the address thing, the black was then available so I checked out with it as fast as I could. Well, I'm interested to see what it does. Ring mod, or drone from the description?

flyingmusicman likes this.
  2. XeMeme

XeMeme Member

I really wouldn't expect much. The Blazar does nothing - I got it second hand for the collection. I think there are like 6-8 of them total.

Mosley likes this.
  3. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Sweet! I like the red light on the black one. I tried the letter spacing thing and that didn't work for me, tried manually selecting the drop down fields because I figured maybe that was a glitch, then I figured maybe we were all just being trolled by aliens, but that didn't make sense because usually he actually sells the 4/1 pedals... hopefully it does something cool! I remember the year he sold one that just passed the signal through, so it was basically a nothing box lol... then the reverse noise gate (noise adder)... this one actually looks like it will do something useful though :)

msnes335 likes this.
  4. msnes335

With that one there were so few because he gave everyone who bought one the option of getting their money back. Most did, and only a few opted for the pedal.

5. Deluzion

Deluzion Member

These weird ass "boutique" limited crap that builders like spaceman does is the worst. Give me a BOSS something any day compared to this hipster crap that 00.1% can actually make anything listenable and productive or fun with. Not even hendrix acieded out could make use of these things. Anyway my too cents. ymmv

*J* and movingpictures like this.
  6. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Also, I'm not really sure what the name is... the info says "Cosmic Call," but the pedal is engraved as "Galactic Transmitter."

INTRODUCING COSMIC CALL
    Utilizing complex monophonic pitch transposing technology, the Cosmic Call will allow you to convert your guitar tone into a manually actuated variable frequency binary data stream. The internal oscillator works on the ELF/VLF band, roughly 40Hz – 4kHz and can be precisely tuned to any frequency in that band. Now all galactic lifeforms with sufficient technology can receive and behold your complex compositions and melodic solos.

If you are unsure of which planetary system to unleash your blistering licks upon, the Cosmic Call can be configured to sweep through its frequency band using your playing dynamics to modulate its transmitter. The controls are simple to use and adaptive to each operational mode, making it a unique and versatile communication device.

The Cosmic Call provides a new and compelling way to achieve first contact. Beaming your music across the galaxy and melting alien faces with your tasty riffs.

Also, DemosInTheDark made an instagram post previewing the righteous ghost tones...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    AXXA, hippieboy, Mosley and 2 others like this.
  7. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

Meh.

I managed to get one in my cart 4 times, but couldn’t check out due to “no shipping option...”. I give up.

8. atallen

atallen Member

My first thought was it was a stand-alone octave out of the Nebula. I am totally down for that. Then I saw the Instagram posts. :rotflmao

I'm in for a black one. Yeah. I'm still a sucker. And bored facing another month at home with slow work.

succor and flyingmusicman like this.
  9. succor

succor Member

That sounds ****ing great. Anyone know what amp he's playing through?

Jerrod, Meriphew and flyingmusicman like this.
  10. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

Pretty sure it’s one of SRV’s Dumbles.

succor, jm9239 and flyingmusicman like this.
  11. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

Wonderful. 17 just became available again.

12. HighRoller

HighRoller Member

What is this Cosmic Call? I don't even know what to believe cause it's the first of April. I checked out Spaceman's site and has these listed for sale. Is this pedal for real? I don't understand what it's supposed be.

indeedido likes this.
  13. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

I think that's awesome. I think it's even more awesome that I didn't drop close to 3 Benjamins on it. :)

14. msnes335

Ooh, can you cancel? I would do that. Insta-buyer's remorse here.

succor likes this.
  15. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

Watch the Instagram demo. And read the description again with extra emphasis on "monophonic."

HighRoller, flyingmusicman and Mosley like this.
  16. Mosley

Mosley Electric Catnip Gold Supporting Member

Someone needs to make an all Spaceman April Fool’s board with the Cosmic Call, Blazar, and Sonic Void hahaha

hippieboy and flyingmusicman like this.
  17. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Well... at least Cosmic Call/Galactic Transmitter does SOMETHING, which is an improvement on previous April fools pedals! Maybe I can find a musical use with a synth...?!

18. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Spaceman has been releasing April Fools pedals for a few years... one was a pass through, so basically just a lump in your cable, another was a reverse noise gate that made extra noise when you weren't playing, so amplified hiss. This one makes... sounds.

Mosley and HighRoller like this.
  19. Reyybarra

Reyybarra Supporting Member

Call me what you will, but has anyone figured out what it says?
    The bottom looks like “free”
    The top obviously starts with an F and ends with a TY,

maybe my eyes playing tricks on me

20. ((TechnicolorSkyline))

((TechnicolorSkyline)) Supporting Member

They are available now, just got a black and ruined. I checked out just fine