Spaceman Mission Control

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by flyingmusicman, Jan 22, 2019.

1. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

The new Spaceman Mission Control just came out, and while I don't really know exactly what it does, it does seem to do a lot. Ordered!

2. coltonius

coltonius Señor Member Silver Supporting Member

3. ItJustRocks

ItJustRocks Gold Supporting Member

I took the opposite route and passed.

coltonius, dansworld and dshobe like this.
  4. Blanket Jackson

Blanket Jackson ¿Qué Hiciste? Silver Supporting Member

5. Blanket Jackson

Blanket Jackson ¿Qué Hiciste? Silver Supporting Member

I dunno, this thing does a few things that could really work, especially to play nice with (alongside) synths / modular setups

flyingmusicman likes this.
  6. tobereleased

tobereleased Member

Based on this, I think this is the most interesting (to me) pedal spaceman has ever made.

7. Suarkttam

Suarkttam Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am obviously a huge Spaceman fan (see sig)...and Clearly this pedal will NOT be for everyone...but, it is so refreshing to see pedal makers taking a pedal-as-instrument approach to their creations. Really inspiring.

8. Drewbaru

Drewbaru Member

I love the clean to effect mode. Is there any other pedals that do that? I simply can’t spend this much this year. I went so overboard last year on pedals and amps. :(

flyingmusicman likes this.
  9. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Yeah, I know the nebula can sort of act as a clean octave blend, as can the foxrox octron... this looks like a clean ANYTHING blend, plus a bunch of other stuff. I'm pretty excited, and I've just come to accept that since I like Spaceman stuff it's best to just buy when they're released to avoid paying the secondhand prices. If I don't like one of his offerings I'm sure I can easily sell it close to the original price, but I haven't felt the urge to sell any of them yet.

10. misa

misa Silver Supporting Member

You could use something like this, but you're using an expression pedal rather than a built-in envelope. I guess you could look at some of the other type of expression control devices to perform something similar if you didn't want to use an expression pedal.

http://www.one-control.com/mosquite-blender-expressio.html
    [​IMG]

11. atallen

atallen Member

I feel like this one is esoteric enough that the secondhand market isn't going to be nearly like is for the fuzzes.

jm9239 likes this.
  12. cbm

cbm Silver Supporting Member

I agree, but even the used Spaceman Fuzz market is a little inconsistent. I picked up a Spacerocket at a pretty good, or at least non-outrageous, price recently.

There's an earlier thread going about Mission Control, as well:
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...-about-the-spaceman-jan-2019-mission.2012745/

13. urQuill

urQuill Supporting Member

True ... and the One Control stuff is generally really good, but this one gets ... I was going to say, mixed reviews, but actually they seem to be mostly bad in cases where users have tried to connect expression pedals to it.

I feel more confident that the Spaceman pedal will actually work - and yes it's much more expensive but the CV in/out and a bunch of other things going on ... lots of added value for someone who wants to run their signals in different ways and make real-time changes.

14. misa

misa Silver Supporting Member

Hadn't read up on the Expressio reviews. Regardless, the MC has a place in that it ties the blender function with a triggered envelope and sends signal out to the loop continously. That said, for someone like me that has an Expressio/SA Reflex/Moog CP-251/MF-101/etc., I can probably hack a workalike together. The MC would be the more concise and possibly cheaper option at that point, but I didn't feel the need to pull the trigger on one myself. Plus, I like the chrome and that would have put me closer to $500 for the thing.

15. cbm

cbm Silver Supporting Member

Well, at least that temptation is gone.

16. urQuill

urQuill Supporting Member

the best knobs are on the base model, imo