Spaceman Secret Mission VIII / Gemini IV

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by flyingmusicman, Jun 11, 2019.

1. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Who else got in on the new secret mission? When will it arrive? What is it? Where are we goiiinggggg? :crazyguy:dude

2. misa

misa Supporting Member

We'll be your HQ Command Center...please report back any and all disturbances encountered on your delivery trajectory and provide a comprehensive report once the pedal has landed.

[​IMG]

the_Chris, friend33, obviousb and 2 others like this.
  3. zztomato

zztomato Supporting Member

It may or may not be a delay.

4. PorkChop

PorkChop Member

My hand hurts from refreshing the page. Ha! I missed out. Regardless of what the type of pedal I’m speculating expanded CV options. More Moog style, more inputs or switchable parameters. Possibly CV out. But could be a tuner for all I know.

DaveNJ and flyingmusicman like this.
  5. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Indeed! I'm hoping for sometime inside a 90 day window... but who knows... I knew what I was getting myself into... or did it?
    I reallllllllly hope it's a delay! He hasn't dont a secret mission in quite a while and I was actually thinking he was done with them. Also, the past three or four pedals would have made nice secret mission candidates, so I'm hoping that whatever this is that it's something really big, epic, groundbreaking, something that can escape LEO.

6. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Prob a tuner. Totes possible. I had one in my cart and then couldn't check out, the CC portal through the site never worked but PayPal did and I have a receipt so I'm pretty sure I have a VII on the way.

ChampReverb and johnetone like this.
  7. johnetone

johnetone Member

It's definitely not a delay @zztomato.

At $269 it's going to be another fuzz or boost imo. I would be pleasantly shocked if it were a compressor though. That would be sweet!

Even a Secret Mission Delay from Spaceman would probably be no less than $600. And I actually doubt they would release one as an SM version due to the likelihood that they will be using obsolete parts in order to make one.

I didn't get in on today's mission unfortunately. But I am stoked to see what you all are surprised with once they arrive. If the last Secret Mission (Nebula) is an indicator of what to expect, you will be seeing them pretty quick, and finding out some cool tricks without knowing where the hell you are!

friend33, flyingmusicman and Flatscan like this.
  8. DaveNJ

DaveNJ Supporting Member

I got in - that was annoying... :) Also, it's the VIII, not the VII... ;)

9. Pointy Headstock

Pointy Headstock Member

Spaceman is over. Good morning friend.

10. ubenjammin2

ubenjammin2 Member

I missed out on this one. The price point doesn't match up for a delay. I'm guessing another fancy fuzz or maybe some modulation. The price even seems kinda low for modulation though. IIRC the SM Voyager and SM Explorer were slightly higher price points.

johnetone and Mosley like this.
  11. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Perhaps... it may not even be a guitar pedal though, if you go by the site...

johnetone likes this.
  12. obviousb

obviousb Member

I got in. Same thing happened, I had in my cart, tried to check out a few times with credit card, no luck, then tried paypal and it worked...
    I am not expecting much with the low price.
    A boost of some sort??

flyingmusicman likes this.
  13. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

I was totally gonna, then got distracted with work and forgot until about an hour afterward.

Oh well. It’s not gonna be a delay (what I really hoped) and the production version will be out soon enough, probably in large enough numbers to be easily available, if recent releases are any indication.

At that price, it’s probably just another dirt/fuzz/boost, but hey - maybe we’ll be surprised. I hope it’s a fuzz. If so, I’ll probably buy one.

14. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Yeah, we'll see... for the price it could be something really simple, but that would seem strange considering he's been getting more out there with his designs. Maybe the low price is like a teaser, part of the surprise... who knows?!?!? :)

obviousb likes this.
  15. obviousb

obviousb Member

Let's hope so!

16. XeMeme

XeMeme Silver Supporting Member

I had a meeting that ran over and missed out.

I'll throw my guess into the ring for fun. Lets see....

In terms of models, Spaceman presently has 2 fuzzes, 1 boost, 1 overdrive, and 1 controller available for sale. The Atlas (Booster) and Titan II (Fuzz) are getting close to finishing their run. Pricing is $269 which is a lot more than the Atlas and just slightly above the original ask of the Titan II but slightly less than the Nebula and Mercury IV. The price is too low for modulation/LFO like the Voyager or Explorer, but the price is about dead on with the Saturn V.

My guess is that we either get a booster with germanium fuzz voicingor germanium voicing of the Titan II. Something that plays well with buffers but is designed to go first in your rig. I have no idea - I'm likely way off.

At the very least I think it will be in the same size enclosure as the Atlas/Titan/Saturn/Aphelion.

After this pedal we are likely due for a more expensive and limited run art piece in a larger enclosure - likely a Delay. Regardless, we're due for a big modulated effect in a run or two.

Wish I nabbed the Secret Mission, but I'm sure I'll catch it on the official release.

17. ubenjammin2

ubenjammin2 Member

If it isn't dirt I think a Compressor could definitely fit the bill. Or possibly a filter of some kind. Although a filter might be a bit too redundant with the recent release of the Polaris.

18. truckin

truckin Supporting Member

Hopefully it's something more unique than another fuzz. I feel like a few years ago this guy used to be known for putting out some of the most unique stuff out there but idk anymore. Kinda fell off in that department IMO... doesn't seem to be generating the same type of buzz he used to around here.

19. PorkChop

PorkChop Member

If it were to be a fuzz, a sub octave or fat fuzz type would be nice. With a CV filter since I’m dreaming here.

johnetone likes this.
  20. Mosley

Mosley Electric Catnip Gold Supporting Member

IMO the Secret Mission series has led to some of the very best Spaceman circuits, so whatever it is, I’m totally stoked.