Spaceman Secret Mission VIII / Gemini IV

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by flyingmusicman, Jun 11, 2019.

1. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Totally! R&D, production costs, rent, employees, and taxes... plus you've gotta figure a few months of work from concept to completion... still, to sell (most of) them in a day is impressive! Hopefully this lends to the feeling of security to bear the cost of producing that delay we've all been asking for ;) ;) ;)

2. Mosley

Mosley Electric Catnip Gold Supporting Member

I really wish the Spaceman threads didn’t always devolve into financial discussions. There are plenty of other boutique pedal companies selling high cost pedals, but people sure don’t fixate on the pricing and profit margins in every single discussion like they do for Spaceman.:hide

3. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Whoops! :)

XeMeme and Mosley like this.
  4. Mosley

Mosley Electric Catnip Gold Supporting Member

hahahaha :beer

XeMeme, flyingmusicman and DaveLizmi like this.
  5. Blanket Jackson

Blanket Jackson ¿Qué Hiciste? Silver Supporting Member

No market, no discussion
    Spaceman pedals are in demand because they are unique, built like tanks, and sound great.

6. Blue-moon

Blue-moon Supporting Member

It
    Agreed.

We should be talking about how great a job Zak has done modifying his business model. He seems to have found his stride. Web site works. Pedals built and ready to ship. No three month waiting periods without any updates. And he is building in quantities that make it easier for everyone to get a pedal and harder for flippers to turn a profit. Meanwhile, he is still able to generate excitement and hype.

Personally, I hope he is making a nice profit from his pedals.

7. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

I think it's great how he does the auctions of super limited finishes for charity. Hard to discredit someone who does something like that.

dansworld, jacopo, lexreverb and 3 others like this.
  8. Joshua Bernstein

Joshua Bernstein Supporting Member

I typically don't care for the financial discussions either, but I dont think anything negative was said. I hope he makes decent money, he and his team deserve it!

Anyways not the point.

The copper finished ones say they'll ship in 5-7 days which is a bit longer than the rest of them. I wonder if they're still being assembled

flyingmusicman likes this.
  9. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Not sure about the copper, but I noticed the chrome went from "in stock" initially to backordered or will ship in X amount of time for a second part of that batch... maybe they got the plated enclosures back after the others and, like you said, are finishing the assembly.

Joshua Bernstein likes this.
  10. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

You have to wonder if a sustainable component Sputnik reissue is on the horizon.

11. Gallery

I wonder how this will impact the used prices of the Gemini III.

PurpleJesus and flyingmusicman like this.
  12. Joshua Bernstein

That would be wonderful but I don't have very high hopes for a Sputnik reissue, especially since they've already done the Sputnik ii run. If it does happen Ill certainly be in line.

Hard to say, but when the mercury iv came out, I didn't notice much of a change in thebused merc iii prices.

13. johnetone

johnetone Member

You can forward it to my house to look after it for you. I don't mind. :aok

I was thinking the same thing. Sputnik III would be pretty damn cool. I know it could be fit into what's now become the standard Spaceman enclosure size. I mean look at all that room in the Sputnik II build!! Plus some people in the know and I were talking about part values, and the things that make Sputnik what it is don't seem to be too hard to come by.

I have a II still want an OG and would definitely buy a III if released!

:beer

14. off2kamp

off2kamp Member

I said never again with the Spaceman stuff. Damnit I lied to myself. Good to see him improving on his roll outs though. This one seemed to go really well.

15. Joshua Bernstein

If a iii were to be released I would definitely be there! I had the og and the ii, and I personally preferred the og. If you have the change to try it, I definitely recommend it. I had it in blue with the blue front plate and it was my favorite spaceman enclosure to date! I keep hoping for another blue on blue release.

flyingmusicman and johnetone like this.
  16. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

Am I really about to spend 2 times my usual fuzz pedal limit on one of these because of fear of missing out?

I guess it’s possible they could be sold out by the end of the day and if they sell out that quickly I have to think used prices will be even higher than the current price so it seems like it might be now or never for me...

Peps, Gallery and flyingmusicman like this.
  17. VooDooClown

VooDooClown Silver Supporting Member

I tried to resist the Blue Starlight Edition, but in the end, resistance was futile.
    Really looking forward to trying this one out!

18. johnetone

johnetone Member

Well, there's bound to be an additional release with some of the other finishes imo. We have yet to see Moonrock, White on White, Purple Sparkle, Olive Drab Unfinished Silver, etc...

Also, used prices will drop below retail when all these ****ers that bought two figure out which one sounds better! :aok

Edit: I've got nothing but love for you'se ****ers...well a bit of envy too. But mostly love!

Peps, joobajooba, fitzo and 4 others like this.
  19. ubenjammin2

ubenjammin2 Member

Not to rain on the hype parade, but I find it highly unlikely that you won't be able to snag one used when there are about to be 500 of these things in circulation. Will they eventually become difficult to find? Probably. But we are a couple years away from that I'd say. I think these will be kind of like the Mercury IV price wise for a while.

joobajooba, jacopo, johnetone and 2 others like this.
  20. Gallery

I was thinking the same about a second batch of the usual finishes.

PS: Love you too :love:

johnetone and flyingmusicman like this.