Spaceman Secret Mission VIII / Gemini IV

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by flyingmusicman, Jun 11, 2019.

1. urQuill

urQuill Supporting Member

Do you have an expression pedal? The Explorer works really well with one. I just have an inexpensive Moog EP-3, does the job.

2. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Supporting Member

And before anybody questions my use of the word "literally".... This is how I got back downstairs to write this post:

[​IMG]

urQuill, johnetone, friend33 and 5 others like this.
  3. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Supporting Member

I saw that with all the demos I've watched, I'm definitely going to try it with one. Thanks for the tip on the Moog.

johnetone and urQuill like this.
  4. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

Two more have sold since this dropped.

5. fitzo

fitzo Silver Supporting Member

I purchased a Moog EP-3 based on a recommendation here at TGP after expression pedals on hand did not perform well with the Polaris. I find that, regardless the adjustment point on the Moog dial, the sweep of the pedal is less than the sweep of the filter knob on the Polaris.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    johnetone likes this.
  6. relix63

relix63 Supporting Member

I'll answer my own question. Both of the blue ones are sold.

Gallery likes this.
  7. jfwund

jfwund Member

Frustrating. I ordered one from a dealer, got the confirmation, but noticed today that they hadn't charged me for it yet. Called and found out that they sold it elsewhere and my confirmation email was automatically generated.
    Fortunately Spaceman still has some stock - there's one less silver Gemini IV now, though. (It's showing 48 black and 38 silver when I checked...)

DaveLizmi and flyingmusicman like this.
  8. relix63

At least you called and found out. It would be disappointing to miss the opportunity to get one.

9. Narwhal0514

Narwhal0514 Member

Welcome to the Spaceman club, my friend.

Nice tele.

johnetone, Flatscan and BigDiceBuddha like this.
  10. urQuill

Truth - but, it connects reliably, is fairly robust, has a nice even sweep, and (for me, in Canada) to improve in it even slightly means spending almost 4x as much. And all my money is tied up in Spaceman right now.

But that reminds me - I’ve got a Next Step that I’ve never tried ... gotta dig that out

johnetone and fitzo like this.
  11. fitzo

fitzo Silver Supporting Member

I agree with all your points, @urQuill. I was looking at a Source Audio Reflex after posting here, wondering if that one would calibrate well to every pedal. And, I decided USD219 on a discontinued product is too much $$ to end up disappointed again.

It is rather irksome, isn't it, that there is no standard such that one didn't have to keep a whole bin of expression and volume pedals to try and find which one just might work well controlling the target pedal?

I remember some of the rack processors I had back in the day had calibrations: "'push to set toe, push to set heel, exit" and the pedal worked full sweep for everything in the processor. Some days I really miss rack stuff.
    </whine over:)>

mydogisarobot and urQuill like this.
  12. AxionHz

AxionHz Member

Waiting on a silver, can’t wait.

I have an explorer and sometimes use the cv out from a moogerfooger 101 envelope to control explorer and it sounds ridiculous.

13. urQuill

... as in, good ridiculous, or ridiculous ridiculous? sorry, speaking generously and with kindness of myself i’m on the old side of young

The Explorer is one of my very favourite pedals

Flatscan and johnetone like this.
  14. AxionHz

AxionHz Member

As in “ridiculously expressive”. It’s one of my favorites too

Flatscan, urQuill and Ardour like this.
  15. ubenjammin2

ubenjammin2 Member

For what it's worth the Reflex does some really cool stuff like being able to auto sweep in different wave forms to a midi clock. I used it a while back to set my explorer to a tap tempo using manual mode. There's a video on YouTube for it.

fitzo, AxionHz and johnetone like this.
  16. relix63

This is not a proper demo by any stretch but I wanted to show how the pedal can clean up. Nothing more.

Gain is maxed on both sides, filter all the way clockwise, and mix knob is at 9:00 meaning mostly Si.

57 Les Paul Junior > Gemini IV > Atlas III > Mesa Fillmore 50 Combo. Echoplex delay in loop. Probably all needless info.

Meriphew, Tabor, DaveLizmi and 10 others like this.
  17. Joshua Bernstein

Joshua Bernstein Supporting Member

Somebody is already selling a red reverb for $600. And so it begins. My copper is still unopened about 10,000 miles away :mad:

johnetone and flyingmusicman like this.
  18. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Sounds good man!

19. urQuill

Which border, may I ask? Interested also to know ... well, you know ... what you get dinged for. Maybe compare notes by pm, if you are curious yourself ...? Mine's been released from the Customs office in Richmond, BC, Canada ... and anything that's come through that particular portal has been hit hard lately.

20. johnetone

johnetone Member

Have P90 will travel.